Huawei is now rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update with VoLTE support for Huawei Honor 5C smartphones. The update comes with EMUI 5.0 and Android Security Patch.
The update also includes bug fixes and other performance enhancements for the Android device. Check out what’s new and changed in this latest update.
Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Huawei Honor 5C:
The new battery management page helps maximize your charge
- The new battery management feature helps maximize your battery’s potential.
- Easy access, customizable presets for Medium power saving mode or Maximum power saving mode.
- App Power Monitor detects inactive apps still using the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Android Nougat now supports split screen, side by side viewing of any 2 apps.
- Press the Recent App and select the split screen view for the desired apps.
Make your photos great the first time with the new Effects preview screen
- Preview all available effects and filters while taking a picture by swiping left after launching the camera app, then choose the one you like best.
Improve your device performance whenever you need to
- Android 7.0 Nougat update with VoLTE support for Huawei Honor 5C smartphones brings new Performance Mode which enhances your device experience no matter how you’re using it.
- Choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and/or improve device performance whenever you need to.
Updated keyboard and improved language predictions
- A new keyboard engine updates language data, providing better predictions.
- If you’d like to continue using the same languages configured prior to this software update, simply follow the on-screen instructions shown when using the keyboard for the first time.*
Configure automatic access to Wi-Fi when connecting to a wireless router/hotspot
- You can enable or disable automatic reconnection to secure wireless routers or hotspots when connecting for the first time.
If you have Huawei Honor 5C, check your updates and download Android 7.0 Nougat. You can check manually by head into Settings » About Device » Download Updates Manually.