Xiaomi is now rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for Redmi Note 4 in India. However, the update is arriving as MIUI 188.8.131.52 and not MIUI 9. It will still take a while for Xiaomi to roll out the MIUI 9 update to Redmi Note 4 handsets in India.
In addition, the new update also includes Android July security patch which addresses common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE) in the open-source Android operating system. The update size is around 1.3GB.
Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 features:
The new battery management page helps maximize your charge
- The new battery management feature helps maximize your battery’s potential.
- Easy access, customization presets for Medium power saving mode or Maximum power saving mode.
- App Power Monitor detects inactive apps still using the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Android Nougat now supports split screen, side by side viewing of any 2 apps.
- Press the Recent App and select the split screen view for the desired apps.
Make your photos great the first time with the new Effects preview screen
- Preview all available effects and filters while taking a picture by swiping left after launching the camera app, then choose the one you like best.
- You can also explore other unique effects by tapping Download link on top.
Improve your device performance whenever you need to
- Android 7.0 Nougat update for Redmi Note 4 brings new Performance Mode which enhances your device experience no matter how you’re using it.
- Choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and/or improve device performance whenever you need to.
Updated keyboard and improved language predictions
- A new keyboard engine updates language data, providing better predictions.
- If you’d like to continue using the same languages configured prior to this software update, simply follow the on-screen instructions shown when using the keyboard for the first time.
Configure automatic access to Wi-Fi when connecting to a wireless router/hotspot
- You can enable or disable automatic reconnection to secure wireless routers or hotspots when connecting for the first time.
Android 7.0 Nougat update for Redmi Note 4 is now rolling out as OTA update. You can also check update manually, just go to Settings » About Device » Download Updates Manually.