Google has officially announced Android 7.1.2. The new Android 7.1.2 will bring bug fixes and other performance improvements. Currently, the update available for Nexus 5X, Nexus Player, Pixel C, and both Pixel phone models.
Google Android 7.1.2 details:
This public beta release is for early adopters and is available for daily use, development, or compatibility testing. Please be aware of these general notes about the release:
- This public beta release may have various stability, battery, or performance issues on supported devices.
- Some apps may not function as expected on this public beta release. This includes Google’s apps as well as other apps.
- This public beta release is Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) approved on supported devices. Apps that depend on CTS approved builds should work normally on these devices (Android Pay, for example).
- This public beta release is available on these supported devices: Pixel and Pixel XL, Nexus Player, and Pixel C.
- On Pixel C devices, Quick Settings may not be visible in some cases.
- Pixel launcher may crash when trying to search apps while a physical keyboard is connected.
- Occasional UI hangs
- Wi-Fi stability issues
- Black screen during the transition from boot animation to Setup wizard.
- Wi-Fi is turned off after completing Setup, even if the user has chosen to set up the device using mobile data.
- SMS messages may not be restored during device-to-device transfer.
Be sure to enroll your device in the beta program if you want to receive the OTA.