Apple iOS 10.3.1 is now available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The latest update brings WiFi fix as well as other bug fixes and performance improvements.
The vulnerability that it fixes was first spotted by Gal Beniamini of Google’s Project Zero, and it allows someone to “execute arbitrary code on the Wi-Fi chip”. Apple says that it used improved input validation to fix a stack buffer overflow.
Recently, Apple released iOS 10.3 with Find My AirPods, CarPlay improvements, Apple’s new filesystem, and more. Check out what’s new in recently released iOS update software.
New in Apple iOS 10.3 for iOS:
- Find My AirPods added to Find My iPhone app
- Siri support for cricket scores from Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Safari support for Reduced Motion preference
- Prominent user security section in Settings app
- iOS 10.3 uses new Apple File System (APFS) which may free up some space
- Podcasts app has a widget like Music app, same app design
- New system level way for developers to request app rating, opt out option in Settings
- CarPlay status bar has persistent quick access to media, communication, and travel apps for quick switching without accessing the Home screen
- CarPlay gains quick access to albums from songs in Music, new Up Next screen
- Weather data in Maps app now has 3D Touch forecast
Check our update and download Apple iOS 10.3.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.