Apple today officially announced it iPhone X or iPhone 10 smartphone. The iPhone X features a 5.8″ AMOLED display with 458ppi pixel density. The new Super Retina Display supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
There is a selfie camera, earpiece and several new sensors at front. The new FaceID allows you to unlock the device(TouchID is removed from iPhone X). The phone is powered by the Apple A11 chipset, which includes two cores and four energy-efficient ones. Check out more details below.
Apple iPhone X (10) features
Super Retina Display
- With iPhone X, the device is the display. An all‑new 5.8‑inch Super Retina screen fills the hand and dazzles the eyes.
- The display employs new techniques and technology to precisely follow the curves of the design, all the way to the elegantly rounded corners.
OLED Designed for iPhone X
- The first OLED screen that rises to the standards of iPhone, with accurate, stunning colors, true blacks, high brightness, and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.
- A tiny space houses some of the most sophisticated technology we’ve ever developed, including the cameras and sensors that enable Face ID.
- The most durable glass ever in a smartphone, front and back. Surgical‑grade stainless steel. Wireless charging. Water and dust resistance.
- Familiar gestures make navigation natural and intuitive. Instead of pressing a button, a single swipe takes you home from anywhere.
- Your face is now your password. Face ID is a secure new way to unlock, authenticate, and pay.
- Face ID is enabled by the TrueDepth camera and is simple to set up. It projects and analyzes more than 30,000 invisible dots to create a precise depth map of your face.
- Face ID is so secure you can use it with Apple Pay. And check out with just a glance.
Portrait Mode Selfies
- Create beautiful selfies with sharp foregrounds and artfully blurred backgrounds.
- A new feature in Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting produces impressive studio‑quality lighting effects.
- The TrueDepth camera analyzes more than 50 different muscle movements to mirror your expressions in 12 Animoji. Reveal your inner panda, pig, or robot.
- A larger and faster 12MP sensor. A new color filter. Deeper pixels. And a new telephoto camera with OIS.
- Depth-sensing cameras and precise facial mapping create striking studio‑quality lighting effects.
- Both rear cameras have optical image stabilization and fast lenses for outstanding photos and videos even in low light.
- The wide-angle and telephoto cameras on iPhone X enable optical zoom, as well as digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
- Introducing A11 Bionic. The most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone, with a neural engine that’s capable of up to 600 billion operations per second.
- The four efficiency cores in the all‑new CPU are up to 70 percent faster than A10 Fusion. And the two performance cores are up to 25 percent faster.
- Machine learning lets Face ID adapt to physical changes in your appearance over time.
- A second-generation performance controller and custom battery design that lasts up to two hours longer between charges than iPhone 7.
- The new Apple‑designed three‑core GPU is up to 30 percent faster than A10 Fusion.
- A11 Bionic powers extraordinary augmented reality experiences in games and apps.
- With no charging cable required, iPhone X is truly designed for the future of wireless.
A Wireless World
- Charge with wireless charging stations and mats in hotels, cafes, and airports around the world.
Apple iPhone X (10) Specifications
- Super Retina HD display, 5.8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display, HDR display, 2436-by-1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture, Neural engine, Embedded M11 motion coprocessor.
- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant, Rated IP67 under IEC standard 60529
- 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras, Wide-angle: ƒ/1.8 aperture, Telephoto: ƒ/2.4 aperture
- 7MP camera front facing camera.
- Face ID – Enabled by TrueDepth camera for facial recognition
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- NFC with reader mode
- Assisted GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS
- Digital compass
- iBeacon microlocation
- FaceTime audio
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Wi‑Fi calling
The Apple iPhone X pre-orders will start on October 27, sales begin November 3. There are two color options: Silver and Space Grey. The 64GB model will cost $999 and there’s a 256GB option as well. In Europe, the prices start at £999 in the UK and €1,150 in Germany.