Apple macOS 10.12.4 is now available for download for everyone. Previously, the update was rolled out to testers only. There many new features as well as bug fixes and other performance improvements.
The update also includes Night Shift feature which adjusts the color of your display after sunset. Many studies show that exposure to bright-blue light in the evening can affect your circadian rhythms and make it harder to fall asleep.
After sunset, Night Shift will shift your display colors to the warmer end of the spectrum, making the display easier on your eyes. In the morning, your display returns to its regular settings.
New in Apple macOS 10.12.4 features:
- Night Shift now available on the Mac.
- Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- Ask Siri about cricket scores, schedules and player rosters. Siri knows about statistics and data from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Updated PDFKit APIs for better displaying of PDFs in apps that use the framework.
- Cloud Analytics is now present as an opt-in step at setup
- Mac App Store gains Touch Bar support, Volume slider now visually indicates levels
You can now download macOS 10.12.4 update from the App Store.