ARK 272 update for PC is now available for download. The latest update comes with Ragnarok map expansion as well as fixes and improvements.
The first installment of the Ragnarok desert for Ark Survival Evolved is now rolling out. The desert will be released in three sections that will open up for the players. The expansion has added new Giga Spawn in the Southwest region as well as increased the chance of Therizino spawns.
ARK 272.1 update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where old Ragnarok Landscape sublevel randomly wasn’t getting properly deleted when updating the build on some servers & clients.
ARK 272 update Patch Notes
- Fixed a server crash that some hosts were getting after uninstalling certain mods.
- Re-Added “My Survivors” menu option
- Temporarily removed HDR option was causing some graphics issues at the moment.
- Big Ragnarok update: 20% more map area, various changes and fixes
Ragnarok Map Expansion features in ARK 272 update
- Ability to place tree platforms on some desert rocks
- Oil/water veins
- Explorable canyons
- Dense metal and obsidian locations
- Flat building plateaus
- New vista locations
- 3 caves (2 building caves)
- Increased chance of Spinos spawning
- Decreased total Coel amount in the ocean
- Moved Leeds away from the coast/coastal inlets. Should now spawn farther out in the ocean.
- New Giga Spawn added in the Southwest region (Near Green Obelisk)
- Increased chance of Therizino spawns
- Wyverns added into Purple Crystal Wyvern Den off the coast. This will help eggs show up more frequently as well.
- Desert Spawns readjusted and ready for new section of map
Over 300 + Bug Fixes:
- Fixed tall grass in swamp (lowered to not be 3 foundations high)
- Fixed mesh hole exploits
- Fixed many player stuck points
- Fixed floating foliage
- Fixed mesh collision
- Fixed water now working in rivers
- Fixed player/dino teleport issues
- Fixed some dinosaur spawn issues
- Fixed boss fight exploits
- Fixed Dungeon exploits
- Fixed unreachable resources
- Fixed unobtainable supply drops
- Fixed Proxy issues
- Fixed Volume issues
Check your game update and download latest ARK 272 on your PC. Previously, the major update 271 was released with fixes.