ARK update 756 for Xbox One will be rolled out later today. The official changelog is now available. According to the changelog, this major update brings new features and changes to the game. New Crafting Skill replaces crafting speed. Crafting Skill increases crafted item quality by 33% for 100 points into Crafting Skill. The item then displays your name and your tribe name and indicates what percent bonus you received when crafting.
The update includes new Corpse Locator Upon death feature. A beam of light shoots into the sky to help the player locate where they died. Enabled on Official Servers by default. Recently, developers also released ARK Update 259 for PC with similar changes. Check out the full changelog below.
Update: The update will also include few more fixes and features posted here.
ARK update 756 for Xbox One Changelog
- New Item: Tek Tapejara Saddle!
- New Skill: Crafting Skill! Replaces Crafting speed. Crafting Skill increases crafted item quality by 33% for 100 points into Crafting Skill. The item then displays your name and your tribe name and indicates what percent bonus you received when crafting.
- New Feature: Corpse Locator! Upon death, a beam of light shoots into the sky to help the player locate where they died. Enabled on Official Servers by default. Add bUseCorpseLocator=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Disable Structure Placement Collision! Unofficial Servers and single-players can enable this feature to allow them to place structures that clip into terrain. Add bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Use Singleplayer Settings! When enabled, this edits all game settings to be more balanced for an individual player experience. Add bUseSingleplayerSettings=true to your Game.ini for server use.
- New Host Option: Fast Decay! Enable this option for a fixed constant decay period for “Fast Decay” structures (such as pillars or lone foundations). Add FastDecayInterval (default is 43200) to your Game.ini for server use.
- New kill, death, speech, and talking icons added.
- New Saber Model! The Saber also has increased hide and pelt harvesting capability and reduced fall damage.
- New Item: Tek Trough! Powered by the Tek Generator, this trough refrigerates food and keeps it fresh longer.
- New host option ?bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors=true (Game.ini) / Allow Multiple Platform Floors.
- New host options SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier and FishingLootQualityMultiplier (from 1 to 5).
- New host option to allow unlimited respecs. ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true
- New host option to disable respawn animation. ?PreventSpawnAnimations=true
CraftingSkillBonusMultiplier is now properly shown in the host menu.
- ARK update 756 for Xbox One fixed the graphical issue with crops appearing massive.
- Running with -nomansky sky now looks considerably more like truesky.
- ARK update 756 added tooltips to all host settings in the host menu.
- Crosshairs, TPV Camera, and PVP Gamma enabled by default in Server Rules settings.
- Crafting requirements are now listed alphabetically.
- Tribes are now automatically created in singleplayer.
- Placement outline on structures now indicates direction via color change.
- ARK update 756 added improved hovering animation to Argent and Ptera.
- Reworked boss summon requirements to have specific artifacts for each of the bosses.
- Added new apex drops (Giga Heart, Basilo Blubber, Spino Sail, Yuty Lungs, Allo Brain, Therizino Claws, Thylaleo Hook-Claw, Megalania Toxin, Sarco Skin, Titanoboa Venom).
- Kibble recipes for all kibble added to the loot table from wild dinos.
- Changed artifact crates into their proper artifact mesh.
- Quetzal can now fit through giant hatchframes.
- Ankylo now gathers berries with the alt-fire (RMB) instead of primary fire (LMB).
- Added appropriate difficulty in spawning areas on The Center spawn screen.
- Updated tamed/untamed icons in the Explorer Notes.
- Rex capsule is now increased to appropriately fit its size.
- Ptera capsule is now increased to appropriately fit its size.
- Added blinking animations that were missing to some legacy creatures.
- Added swimming animations that were missing to some creatures.
- All land dinos can now attack in water (either primary-fire or alt-fire).
- All land dinos now have proper sounds for walking in water and swimming in water.
- All land dinos now have proper jump landing sounds.
- Added the final missing eating sound for creatures.
- Biome specific combat music now plays when the player is on a creature.
- Added new FPV animation for climbing ladders.
- Tek Cave door now stays open longer in singleplayer.
- Obelisk now has an ambient sound.
- Wild Manta aggro range decreased.
- Eurypterid spawn numbers increased by 50%.
- Increased levels of cave creatures.
- Improved rain particle VFX.
- Greatly reduced the Element cost of running the Tek Generator.
- Removed the Element cost for using the Tek Teleporter.
- Bred dinos now properly indicate who they were raised by on their tooltip.
- Fixed Corpse Locator not locating the players inventory bag.
- Fixed Corpse Locator issue where the beam would be set at an off-angle.
- Fixed Corpse Locator issue where the beam would not work properly underwater.
- Fixed multiple creature LODs to look better at a distance.
- Fixed move-around-blockade to work properly, allowing creatures to move around geometry rather than sliding off of it.
- ARK update 756 fixed exploit where the Tuso could reach through terrain.
- Fixed issue where the player would open inventories when dismounting a creature. Did not remove this functionality for doors though!
- Fixed issue where having a Doed on wander with harvesting disabled would cause it to burn through its stamina and food.
- Fixed Argent not being able to pick up Titanoboa and Arthropleura.
- ARK survival update 756 fixed tamed Ichthyosaur from swimming in circles during battles or around corpses.
- Fixed issue where tamed Mantas would swim off in one direction during a fight.
- Fixed dinos and players grouping together and getting stuck in a ball when teleporting to the boss arenas.
- Fixed issue where eels would push the player out of the water.
- Fixed issue that caused structures on platform saddles to be placed at odd angles.
- ARK survival update 756 fixed issue where certain gloves would cover the players mini-map.
- Fixed an area of the map where the player could stand underwater and but no water volume was present.
- ARK update 756 fixed issue where the Quetzal mesh poly count was reduced accidentally.
- Fixed two infinite weight exploits.
- Fixed the Alpha Tuso so it no longer ejects the rider off their creature when their mount is attacked.
- Fixed issue where when a mount was caught by the Tuso and the Tuso pushed it under the mesh, the mount would teleport inside the Tuso and become stuck.
- Fixed issue where the Tuso would keep performing it’s crushing attack even if the player escaped.
- Fixed issue where Explorer Notes were moved around to incorrect locations.
- Fixed issue where Megalosaurus was not properly dismounting passengers.
- Fixed issue where pipes were preventing the greenhouse effect.
- Fixed issue in Primitive Plus where supply drops were not present.
- Fixed issue where the improper coal was harvestable in Primitive Plus.
- Fixed spelling of Hesperornis Egg.
- Fixed issue where underwater mines would explode when being demolished.
- Fixed engrams not displaying in the correct order.
- Fixed issue where tames would not attack Trilobites.
- Fixed issue where Rex, Titanosaur, and Titanoboa were not swimming at the surface of the water.
- ARK update 756 fixed issue where gloves were being distorted while riding tames.
- Fixed several twitching animation issues with legacy dinos.
- Fixed multiple map LODs to look better on low viewing distance.
- Added proper Procoptodon saddle icon.
- Added proper Basilo saddle icon.
- Prevented multiple floors from being built underneath rafts and platform saddles.
- Slingshot does 25% less torpor per hit.
- Spear impact volume increased by 20%.
- Decreased pelt and hide harvesting by the Direwolf (still 15% better than other carnivores, minus Saber).
- Increased the speed of crop growth and the beer barrel in singleplayer when using ‘Singleplayer Settings’.
- Doubled the rate of oil and element consumption in singleplayer only on the gas generator and tek generator.
- The cost of gasoline in singleplayer has been increased to 6 oil and 5 hide for 5 gasoline.
- Artifact respawn timer set to 30 minutes in singleplayer.
- Allowed Trophy Wall-Mount and Base to be paintable.
- ARK update 756 fixed flyers you can base on from consuming more food that intended.
- You can now fish while on a Pelagornis.
- Potential fix for dinos being able to give and take damage through walls.
- New Scorpion saddle!
* Admin command menu now must be activated by pressing LB+RB+X+Y simultaneously on the Pause Menu.
* Fixed player ragdolls becoming malformed when falling from great heights.
* Fixed player getting stuck in rocks/trees/structures when logging out in single player.
* Fixed dino spawning issues in single player that caused over-spawning of certain creatures over time and issue where spawns were becoming depopulated.
* Fixed single player settings via the slider from resetting.
* Fixed BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier setting via the host menu.
* Fixed traps not working after a game/server restart (bear traps, species Y traps, narcotic traps, alarms).
* Fixed various lighting issues on The Island and The Center.
* Fixed low landscape LODs on both the Center and the Island when using low viewing distance (certain landscape will stream in better quality from further away, e.g. skull island on the Center).
* Improved war paint on female model around the hairline.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One fixed issue where player appeared to be floating above the saddle when boarding a dino while crouching.
* Fixed electrical cables appearing unpowered when reloading a single-player game.
* Fixed issue where logging out in single-player while holding a shield showed the player holding two shield on relog.
* ARK 756 fixed Explorer Note sorting.
* Fixed ATV from repeatedly honking when leaving and entering render distance.
* Changed the Tribe Manager to have Tribe Log highlighted by default when using a controller.
* Fixed grappling hook being enlarged when shooting at a Large Storage Box.
* Colorized boss health bars to indicated boss difficulty.
* Added featured to allow players to set the light level of their lamps.
* Changed static mesh of Plant Species X to remove swaying and firing animation to reduce client FPS drops.
* Added on-screen indicator icon when structure placement is in rotation-mode.
* Fixed issue where the cooking pot provided infinite dye.
* Buffs that prevent firing (such as the shock buff) now cause the player to lower their weapon.
* Made Alt-Fire on the paintbrush now “Paint Yourself”.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One added new live versions of all in-game music.
* Fixed issue in singleplayer where logging out with a tool equipped caused the inventory to lock up.
* Implemented kill zone under the sea floor.
* ARK 756 fixed Supply Crate SFX to always be audible.
* Fixed issue where respawn animation was not playing in singleplayer.
* Added new music stingers when you tame a creature.
* Increased range of boss music in the arenas.
* Obelisks in singleplayer/non-dedicated now have each boss spawned from a specific obelisk and transfers can only be done via the obelisk.
* Days are now 25% longer. Night time remains unchanged.
* Tribe ownership settings now default to Personally Owned in singleplayer/non-dedi.
* Fixed issue that causes sitting on a chair on a platform saddle not to calculate player temperature and location appropriately.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One fixed issue where being unconscious would cause the player not to receive lava damage.
* Tek rifles now stop working in thunderstorms.
* Homing rockets no longer target your own turrets.
* Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.
* Stat decrease of blueprints from fishing.
* Reduced max fish size that is catchable with a fishing rod with: Honey to 2.2, Leech Blood to 1.88, and Sap to 0.94.
* Reduced fishing rod effectiveness by 35%.
* Increased Liopleurodon loot quality buff by 20%.
* ATV engram is available in singleplayer after reaching max ascension.
* Fixed issue where walking through electrical cables and pipes would cause the camera to move around in unintended ways.
* ARK survival evolved 756 fixed issue where feeding trough was not updating spoilage timers.
* Fixed issue where the player could get stuck inside doors by closing the door on themself.
* Removed boss arena and Tek Cave timers in non-dedicated.
* PVE no-build functionality has been removed from non-dedi.
* Slightly increased difficulty of the Cavern of Lost Faith.
* Prevented regular dinosaur gateways from supporting behemoth gates.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One added final statted items to loot crates.
* Fixed canvas not being visible when placed on Tek walls.
* Added lots of crystal, obsidian, and rich metal to all caves except the Tek Cave.
* Re-added metal to the volcano, approximately 70% of its previous resources.
* Added categories for maps in the host menu.
* Added an alternate engram points per level array to non-dedi.
* Fixed issue where wooden cages would heal themselves when picked up.
* Fixed issue where player could wield a riot shield and chainsaw at the same time.
* Decreased mutton effectiveness by 20%. (additional changes to the Kibble system to come)
* Re-balanced speed gained per player level up.
* Fixed not being able to sit in chairs/benches when placed too close to a table.
* Increased radius of house buff by double. Also flagged gate frames as walls which allows them to give the indoor buff.
* Fixed issue where dinos placed in cages would float upwards and glitch out of the cage.
* ARK 756 fixed an issue where players could not walk inside of fallen redwood trees.
* Corrected specimen implant colors after ascending.
* Obelisks now save inventory in singleplayer.
* Boss biomes no longer hear time of day transition sounds
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One fixed frozen vacuum chamber walls showing as windows in localized clients
* Reduced Club effectiveness scaling with quality by 55%.
Dino Specific Changes:
* Fixed issue where dino attacks could not do damage under low server FPS.
* Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should no longer run into walls endlessly.
* ARK survival evolved 756 fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should attempt to run towards the player and not towards water, previously causing them to torpor out in water and drown. In the case where the dino cannot reach the player, it may still end up running towards water via picking a random direction.
* Fixed issue with Thylacoleo, Kaprosuchus, Megalosaurus, and Tuso where when attacking, the creature was able to force the target under world geometry and make them unrideable/unmovable.
* Rebalanced speed gained per tamed level up on all dinos.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One fixed issue where an unconscious player could be pushed through terrain by a Kaprosuchus.
* Fixed issue where Tuso could grab through Iceberg geometry.
* Fixed issue where babies were consuming less food when floating.
* Fixed issue where babies were consuming more food than intended as they tried to regain health. Regaining health no longer costs food for babies.
* Changed all creature names to use their long form.
* Made Troodons scared of light sources.
* Raised Ptero saddle level requirement to 38.
* Added damage scalers to Trike and Stego which makes them more resistant to damage.
* Increased Parasaur stamina by 50% and increased its speed in water.
* Increased Angler light radius underwater.
* Decreased amount of fall damage for tamed Giga’s.
* Made Moschops easier to tame.
* Increased insulation ability of Dimetrodon.
* ARK 756 fixed fur cap on Mesopithecus.
* Fixed Santa hat on Gallimimus.
* Fixed alignment of metal water taps on pipes.
* Rebalanced Equus saddle cost.
* Reduced the gather rates of the Therizino.
* Reduced base damage of wild and tamed Gigas.
* ARK survival evolved 756 fixed issues with Ovis and Kentro where their baby/egg would fall through the floor.
* Creatures will no longer drown when they are encumbered.
* Fixed an issue where fish did not appear in Lower South Cave (Cave 1).
* Removed piranha spawns from the shallow pools in the redwoods.
* Decreased wild Carno damage by 15%.
* Reduced Terrorbird spawns in the redwoods.
* Removed Titanosaur spawn from Herbivore Island.
* Fixed issue where beehives were stacking on top of each other.
* Wild Ichthyornis HP reduced by 50%.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One added HUD notification for Pegomastax when it is not pickpocketing.
* Added HUD message for Ichthyornis stealing, and for Ichthy making you drop your weapon.
* If a tamed Yutyrannus has carno followers, the followers now properly attack the same target.
* ARK 756 fixed issue where riding on a Phiomia/Carbonemys caused the players size to increase by twice the normal size.
* Added functionality to allow the Gigantopithecus to gather fiber using the ‘C’ key.
* Added cooldown to Tuso so that it’s ink ability cannot be spammed.
* Increased Trilobite spawns to be more common in shallow areas.
* Made it so that Fertilized eggs do not count towards the egg count in the given area. This was causing fertilized eggs to be laid and the dino to go on breeding cooldown but no actual egg was laid.
* Increased unstasis range on Trilobites, Eurypterids, and Ammonites.
* Deep Ocean Coel added, with increased unstasis range and bias towards being larger sized.
* Land creatures now only receive 50% of their regular additional speed increase while swimming (does not include Spino or amphibians).
* ARK survival evolved 756 fixed dung beetles not processing fertilizer correctly after server restart.
* Prevented Pegomastax from attacking when the player has nothing it can steal.
* Added 30s cooldown after the player is stolen from unless the player attacks the Pego, in which case it will ignore the cooldown.
* Prevented Pegomastax from robbing same-team.
* Fixed issue where passive tames would not resume eating after being knocked out and eventually starve.
* Increased SFX distance for Ichthyornis and Hesperornis.
* ARK 756 fixed the Egg Hatching bar from disappearing in singleplayer when relogging.
* Fixed issue where torpor stat for newly tamed dinos was not displaying correctly.
* Fixed issue where stasis was greatly reducing the food consumption of dinos (specifically babies).
* Hyaenodon taming now scales properly with taming server settings.
* Reduced turning speed of tames by 0.5s their current speed when they are in combat, so creatures like the Manta and Ptero can turn fast enough to properly attack.
* Enabled pack buff to tamed Kentros.
* Increased duration of Giga roar.
* ARK update 756 for Xbox One fixed Quetzal platform not being paintable.
* Added Spinosaur roar.
* Added missing eating animations and sounds for creatures (should all have a proper animation now!).
* Prevented baby Thylacoleo’s from spawning on redwood trees when born.
* Improved landing AI for Quetzal and Wyvern.
* Fixed an issue where flyers out of stamina would not auto-land and would get stuck in the air.
* Fixed Megalosaurus breeding to prevent babies from needing/going to sleep.
* ARK survival evolved 756 fixed Thylacoleo from always roaring when coming out of stasis.
* Fixed Thylacoleo from assuming a “superman” pose when jumping on a surface it couldn’t climb.
* Fixed Thylacoleo from getting into a state where it would walk forward without player input.
* Fixed server crash caused by Thylacoleo.
* Reduced tail collision on medium and large creatures.
* Fixed babies from ‘growing’ into the ground over time as they age.
* Improved logic to minimize Sarco tails from gravitating towards ceilings.
* Fixed Move To whistle command to work after dismounting a dino if the dino is in a group, also now plays the proper animation.
* Fixed the player from taking damage while riding on a Griffin in singleplayer.
* Added Griffin icon and level up animation.
* Fixed the spyglass not functioning properly while flying on the Griffin.
* Fixed issue where the Griffin gained unintended speed when equipping a weapon.
* ARK survival evolved 756 fixed an issue where dinos could aggro turrets even though no damage was being done.
Ragnarok – ARK Expansion Map
According to the developers, the Ragnarok DLC and new creature: the Griffin is coming on July 4th. Ragnorok ARK Expansion Map brings journey through an expansive 144 sq. kilometer environment where elements from The Island, Scorched Earth, and all new biomes are combined to bring the ultimate survivor experience.
- A 144 sq kilometer map designed to be explored by land/sea/air with most places accessible by foot.
- A host of harvestable resources readily available for players to pick up, including sticks and carrots.
- Building caves designed to be built in, big and small
- New unique takes on former ARK creatures, as well a special creature unique to Ragnarok
- Build tree platforms on unique trees/rocks in biomes other than the redwoods!
- Expansive biomes that were built to reward those who explore them
- Realistic Transitions that blend the terrain more naturally
- Challenging dungeons in that require forethought and preparation
- An active Volcano that while erupting yields a high amount of resources in the form of lava crystal
- Beautiful vistas and base locations as far as the eye can see
- Hot springs that while dormant yield a relaxing buff, but while active can cause a quick death!
- Ruins to not only explore but that can also be incorporated into base builds
- A vast ocean with its own ecosystem
- A future desert to find and tame SE creatures
- Upcoming unique explorer notes that hold the key to Ragnarok’s secrets
The ARK update 756 for Xbox One download will be available on July 3rd.