Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 (December Update) released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The new Battlefield 1 1.17 update has added Turning Tides “Gallipoli” expansion pack. The new Turning Tides – Gallipoli content will be limited to Premium Pass and Battlefield 1 Revolution owners for their 2-week Early Access. However, the download is required for all players for online play. In addition, the Battlefield 1 version 1.17 update also includes various bug fixes and improvements to the game. Check out the patch preview below.
New in Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 (December Update)
Added Battlefield 1 Turning Tides “Gallipoli”
- New Map: Cape Helles – Storm the beaches of the Gallipoli peninsula with the allied powers or defend the Ottoman Empire’s fortifications. Master the land, air, and sea interplay to win the defining battles.
- New Map: Achi Baba – Throw yourself into the joint allied assault on the Gallipoli peninsula of 1915 in an intense, fast, and infantry-focused setting. Take part of a treacherous push for a prominent hilltop position.
- New Operation: Gallipoli – Take part in the British amphibious assault on the Gallipoli peninsula in 1915. Battle it out in Cape Helles and Achi Baba.
- 6 new guns and 2 new melee weapons – Find your new favorite weapon among the M1917 Trench Carbine, Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16, Farquhar-Hill, M1917 MG, Carcano M91 Carbine, and Type 38 Arisaka. When the fight gets close and personal, unleash your fury with the new Naval Cutlass and Grappling Hook melee weapons.
- Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16 Storm
- Perform 50 kills with the Automatico M1918 Storm
- Destroy 5 boats with the AT Rocket Gun
- M1917 Trench Carbine
- Perform 15 kills with Sidearms
- Perform 5 Multi kills
- Farquhar-Hill Optical
- Perform 15 headshots with the Farquhar-Hill Storm
- Complete 20 Squad Orders
- Farquhar-Hill Storm
- Perform 25 kills with the M1907 SL Trench
- In a round, perform 10 Revives
- M1917 MG Low Weight
- Perform 25 kills with the BAR M1918 Trench
- Perform 250 Vehicle Damage with Explosives
- M1917 MG Telescopic
- Perform 50 kills with the M1917 MG Low Weight
- Score 1,500 suppression points using any LMG
- Type 38 Arisaka Infantry
- Perform 25 Counter Sniping kills
- As a Scout, perform 3 Multi kills
- Carcano M91 Carbine
- Perform 25 kills with the Gewehr M.95 Carbine
- Destroy 5 explosives
Melee (all kits)
- Naval Cutlass
- Capture 20 flags while in a boat
- Perform 15 kills on swimming enemies
- Grappling Hook
- Puzzle Piece Melee Weapon
- Ottoman Flanged Mace
- Granted to all players who own Battlefield 1 Turning Tides.
- Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16 Storm
- New Specializations, Service Assignments, and Unlocks – With Battlefield 1 update 1.17, customize your play style with new Specializations tweaking everything from Medical Crates to your AT Rocket Gun.
- New Elite Class: The Infiltrator – Hide in plain sight and move faster across the battlefield with the new Infiltrator Elite Class. This strategic kit allows you to take advantage of a permanent sprint boost while calling in artillery strikes and deploying a mobile spawn for friendly troops.
- New Vehicle: L-Class Destroyer – With Battlefield 1 1.17, Rule the waves with the all-new L-Class Destroyer. Jump into one of four seats and deliver mayhem to sea, air, and ground units using cannons, torpedoes, AA guns, and mines. To dominate the air, spawn on the new, nimble C-Class Airship with room for a pilot and three gunners.
SERVICE ASSIGNMENTS – Battlefield 1 version 1.17
- Weapon Assignments will now display progress as a percentage
- Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 addressed an issue where players would occasionally be awarded the incorrect points towards Medal progress when capturing a Supply Drop
- Players can now make progress toward the Eyes On The Prize service assignment when completing kills, earned by Assist Counts As Kill, while prone behind a Sniper Shield
- Players no longer receive a “Retreater Killed” score bonus for killing themselves, or teammates, when retreating in Operations
UI & HUD
- Battlefield 1 1.17 added an option to disable the Lens Distortion postprocess effect in the Video options menu
- Players can now choose between hiding, always showing, or making the network performance graph appear only when there are ongoing networking issues
- Spectator Table Top View – Reformatted objective/player/free camera icons so they are pushed to the edge of the screen
- Battlefield 1 version 1.17 fixed an issue that displayed the “switch to secondary weapon” tooltip while swimming even if it was not available to be used while swimming
- Fixed an issue where players would see a score discrepancy between End of Round screens and in-game scoreboards in Operations
- Fixed an issue where score multipliers were displaying inaccurately in Operations’ End of Round screens
WEAPONS, VEHICLES, & GADGETS
- Changed Dynamite to work properly in water – covered in wax for waterproofing
- Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 fixed an issue where the gas cloud VFX would not be visible to some players
- Addressed an issue where vehicles would sometimes get stuck mid-air when traveling on a bridge while it was being destroyed
- Battlefield 1 version 1.17 addressed an issue where the gunners in the Y-Lighter Landing Craft were not seeing correct hit markers while aiming down sight
- Spawning vehicles will now automatically remove nearby placed explosives such as AT Mines or Dynamite to avoid vehicle spawn camping
- The MAS Torpedo Boat and Y-Lighter Landing Craft no longer trigger AA gun detonation
- Captains of the MAS Torpedo Boat and Y-Lighter Landing Craft can now self-repair the craft
- Battlefield 1 1.17 addressed an issue where a transport vehicle would occasionally disappear while still in use
- Improved the bayonet sprint penalty on the Model 1900 shotgun’s bayonet
- Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 improved spread and recoil for the Model 1900 Shotgun
- Fixed an issue where players would hear the bayonet charge sound-state after cancelling a bayonet charge
- Removed ability to switch to empty K Bullets
- Fixed an issue where players were able to fire their weapon during reload
- Significantly increased the damage dealt to vehicles and behemoths by the 305/52 O Coastal Gun
- Fortress and Coastal Turrets now use the same disable and repair logic as the field gun, AA, and coastal gun. This means that upon reaching 50% health, they become disabled, and repairing them in full will make them usable again
- Battlefield 1 1.17 fixed an issue where the reload UI for the 305/52 O Coastal Gun would not update the first time the player entered the vehicle
- Incendiary projectiles now block aim assist for the duration of the fire
- The Scout class can place two projectiles of each trip wire gadget (gas, HE, incendiary)
- Fixed an issue that delayed firing the Mosin-Nagant M91 after throwing a grenade
- Fixed an issue that would cause the scope to wobble, on the Mosin-Nagant M91, after rechambering, and realigned the iron sights
- Battlefield 1 version 1.17 improved the delay when switching to K Bullets with the Mosin-Nagant M91 Marksman
MAPS & MODES
- Fixed an issue causing the deploy screen to be drawn during Operation intro cinematics and forcing the user to quit out of the game
Battlefield 1 1.17 General Fixes [Updated]
- Made improvements to the snap-to-target-on-zoom aim assist system to make it more subtle.
- Battlefield 1 version 1.17 adjusted player movement to avoid “sprint to slide” exploitation
- Fixed an issue where the soldier movement accelerations would not be corrected at different tickrates resulting in different accelerations at 30Hz, 60Hz and 120Hz.
- Battlefield 1 1.17 adjusted the soldier accelerations to maintain the movements responsiveness after the tickrates correction.
- Fixed an issue where crawling SFX from prone soldiers would not trigger reliably in third person.
- Fixed an issue where players would not hear “incoming” sound from various shell rounds
- Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 adjusted third person soldier movement SFX by making it quieter when crouching or prone.
- Fixed an issue that caused swimming SFX to repeatedly play.
- Added SFX for diving/jumping in water.
- The effect radius of the Ammo Crate and Medical Crate have been raised from 3.5m to 7m. This means teammates do not have to stack extremely tightly to gain their benefits
- Cavalry health regeneration delay has been reduced to normal soldier values, reducing the need for players to constantly dismount to regenerate health with Health Pouches
- Adjusted Perimeter Alarm to allow Tripwire Bombs to Squad Spot enemies within 10m when detonated.
- Battlefield 1 1.17 fixed an issue where some Elite kits were regenerating health at default soldier rates and not the intended values.
- The Flash Flare will now Suppress enemies that stand near it. This is intended to boost its ability to disrupt enemy combat effectiveness.
- Fixed an issue where revived soldiers from the Stimulant Syringe specialization were not receiving the sprint boost.
- Battlefield 1 Update 1.17 fixed an issue where stationary and airborne soldiers could potentially make footstep SFX.
- Improved spawn point reservations when multiple players selected the same point simultaneously.
- Now players can only spawn on Squad Leaders in the Back to Basics custom game mode
- Increased visibility of large water explosion at a distance.
- Battlefield 1 version 1.17 fixed an issue that caused players to hear underwater SFX and mix states, when not in the water.
Please note that these preview patch notes. Full details will be available later. We’ll post the full Battlefield 1 1.17 patch notes once it goes online. Meanwhile, check your game update and download latest Battlefield 1 update 1.17 on your PS4, Xbox One, and PC.