Microsoft is now rolling out Beam feature for Alpha insiders with Xbox One Preview build 1703.170206-2328. The Xbox One Preview build 1703.170206-2328 was released yesterday. You do NOT need to download a new build. Beam feature will enable livestreaming service on Xbox One console.
However, you may need to Hard Reset your console to see the new Broadcasting feature on the Home screen.
NOTE: To view the Broadcast icon for Beam in the Guide, you may need to hard reset your Xbox One (hold down the power button on the front of the console for 5 seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
To get started broadcasting with Beam on Xbox One, perform the steps below.
- Navigate to https://beam.pro in your browser, and select the Windows icon next to REGISTER to sign in with your Microsoft account (this will create a Beam account and link it to your Gamertag).
- On your Xbox One, launch a game.
- While the game is running, launch the Guide and navigate to the Broadcast tab (located above the Settings tab).
- Select “Broadcast your game”.
- Accept the Terms of Service, and you will be directed to the Broadcast Controls page. From here you can configure numerous settings, including microphone, camera, camera position, and chat. You can also change the title of your broadcast.
- Once you’ve configured your broadcast, select “Start broadcast” to broadcast to Beam. You can verify your broadcast is live by navigating to the web address on the Broadcast tab in the Guide (ie. beam.pro/BroHammersley).
• Turning on the Camera before starting a broadcast may cause the broadcast to fail and need to be restarted.
• In your live broadcast on https://beam.pro, you may sometimes encounter static followed by an error when stopping and starting your broadcast Workaround: Reload the web page.
• Sometimes selecting Accept on the Terms and Conditions can take a long time.
• Pausing and resuming a broadcast sometimes causes the audio and video to become out of sync.
• Sometimes opening and closing the Broadcast tab in the Guide can cause an error.
Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the power button on the front of the console for 5 seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• You may be unable to broadcast certain games.