Microsoft has released new Windows IoT Core build 14993 for Insiders. With this latest build, Cortana is now available for Insiders running latest Windows 10 IoT Core insider build. Also, there many new features and improvements in latest IoT build.
With the introduction of Cortana with Windows 10 IoT Core build 14993, now device manufacturers can integrate Cortana into almost anything. In future, we can expect Cortana on fridge, thermostat and many more other devices. It will be interesting to see how Microsoft’s artificial assistant will work on those devices. Check out what else is included in the latest IoT build.
New in Windows 10 IoT build 14993:
- Cortana feature has been enabled.
- The Dragonboard BSP in the provided FFU has been updated to the new build.
- The Windows Device Portal (WDP/Web Management) has been extended to add a quick run portal for IoT Samples.
- A fix was made to the Class Extensions for Hardware Notification (hwnclx) and USB Function (usbfnclx) packages so that they would be included in the default IoT Core images.
- Changes were made to IoTShell to enable waiting for PPKG provisioned package installation to complete.
- Updates were made to the GPIO Interrupt Buffer API.
- Changes were made to Applyupdate.exe to add the blockrebooton/blockrebootoff flags.
- A fix was made to the power state API to ensure the wakeup timer is cancelled upon exiting from connected standby.
- Universal Write Filter (UWF) has been added as an option to the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD).
- The BluetoothLE stack has been updated to address the issues seen when calling GattDeviceService.GetCharacteristics.
- Issues with NanoRDP connecting have been addressed.
- The package version for some inbox applications may not match the installed version.
- Store applications are not being serviced when in use or set as the default application.
- NanoRDP does not render correctly on some platforms.
- When multiple audio devices are present on the board audio routing changes may not persist across boots.
- The MinnowBoard Max firmware 0.93 has a known issue which can lead to network connectivity failure.
New information about Windows 10 Creators update insider build 14993 leaked online. More details here.