Microsoft is now pushing Cumulative Update KB3172985 for Windows 10 Threshold(Build 10586.420) users. A cumulative update is the collection of security and bug fixes in Windows 10. The new monthly cumulative update includes many bug fixes and security fixes.
The latest update will increment the build number slightly from Windows 10 PC build 10586.420 and Mobile build 10.0.10586.420 to build 10586.494(10.0.10586.494). You can check your Windows 10 version by pressing WinLogo key+R then type Winver.
Improvements in Update KB3172985 Includes:
- Build 10586.494 improved the reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Windows 10 Build 10586.494 fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
- Cumulative Update KB3172985 fixed an issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
- Cumulative Update KB3172985 fixed the issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign-in attempts.
- Build 10586.494 also improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
- Build 10.0.10586.494 fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
- Build 10.0.10586.494 improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Build 10.0.10586.494 fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Windows 10 build Build 10586.494 fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.
Windows 10 Threshold(Build 10586) users will see two separate updates, named as Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985) and Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3173428). Go check your updates.
Next month Microsoft will release Windows 10 Anniversary Update as a free upgrade. Microsoft free Windows 10 upgrade offer is also coming to an end on July 29. So hurry up if you are still on older OS.