Early access to the Destiny 2 Beta will require update 1.02 to play the game. The update download size is around 15GB. The early access will start at 10 am PT/1pm ET today on PlayStation 4.
According to the developers, the Homecoming story mission will be open to all in the D2 beta. However, the Strike and Crucible will require PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold.
The Destiny 2 Beta features:
Campaign: Homecoming (Fireteam Size: 1, Matchmaking Unavailable)
- When launching the Destiny 2 Beta, players will first create a Character and play through the campaign mission Homecoming.
Crucible: Countdown and Control (Fireteam Size: 1-4, Matchmaking Available)
Players will have access to two Crucible game types, each featuring a specific map:
- Countdown – Attack and Defend objective gametype with Elimination rules. First team to 6 round score limit wins the match.
- Control – Teams compete to control objective zones which grant additional points when defeating opponents. Reaching the score limit or having the highest score by time limit wins the match
Strike: The Inverted Spire (Fireteam Size: 1-3, Matchmaking Available)
- Players will have access to one Strike activity. Players are placed into a Fireteam to complete objectives and proceed through Beta content on the planet Nessus.
Social Matchmaking Test
- On Sunday July 23 at 10:00 AM Pacific, players will have access to the Social Matchmaking Test Activity. This will be available for one hour for Destiny Service testing.
The Destiny 2 Open Beta for PS4 and Xbox One begins at 10am PT/1pm ET on Friday, July 21.