Destiny 2 update 1.09 is now live on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. According to the official Destiny 2 1.09 patch notes, the update contains a fix to an emote issue as well as several Crucible changes that affect scoring and spawning. Additionally, with Destiny 2 version 1.09, players will no longer encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam.
Also, the new patch has updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it. Check out the full patch notes below.
Destiny 2 update 1.09 Patch Notes for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- Destiny 2 version 1.09 fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk Emote
- Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam
- Destiny 2 1.09 has fixed an issue causing players to be kicked to Orbit
- Strikes now reward Faction Tokens at a range of 5 to 9 Faction Tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
- Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 Faction Tokens on first completion per character
- With Destiny 2 update 1.09, completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 Faction Tokens (down from 8)
- Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards Faction Tokens
- Opening Lost Sector chests now rewards 3 Faction Tokens for each fireteam member
- Destiny 2 1.09 has updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it
- Destiny 2 version 1.09 reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)
- Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
- Destiny 2 update 1.09 reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system
- Reduced round time limit to 2 mins (down from 3) with Destiny 1.09.
- Destiny 2 1.09 reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)
- Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
- We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
- Destiny 2 update 1.09 adjusted the influence enemy crests have on the spawning system
- Improved performance across the app and particularly on the Gear and Progress sections
- Destiny 2 version 1.09 has improved screen state preservation after rotation
- Added the ability to look up Clans by name (exact matches only)
- Destiny 1.09 added suggested Clans to the ‘Browse Clans’ screen
- Destiny 2 1.09 added suggested Clans to the ‘Browse Clans’ screen
- Fixed an issue where Clan rosters were not showing properly
- Destiny 2 update 1.09 fixed an issue causing gradual performance degradation over time
The future Destiny 2 update will include following features:
- New systems and rewards to give most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
Check your game update and download Destiny 2 update 1.09 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.