Microsoft is now rolling out cumulative update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update devices. Microsoft security team has fixed multiple vulnerabilities in the operating system with the latest release. The new patch has updated the build number to 14393.1613. In addition, you can download KB4034661 offline installer from links given below.
The update has fixed an issue where, in some cases, an Encrypted Hard Drive device would not automatically unlock at system startup. In addition, the AppLocker rules wizard no longer crashes when selecting accounts.
However, the latest update still contains some previous known issues like missing update history and more. Check out full changelog below.
Fixed in KB4034661(OS build 14393.1613) for Windows 10
- This package contains d3dcompiler_47.dll; for more information, read the blog post, HLSL, FXC, and D3DCompile.
- Addressed issue where a black screen appears when launching an application on Citrix XenApp that was deployed from Windows Server 2016. For more details, read CTX225819.
- The Cumulative Update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update has addressed an issue where the User Account Control (UAC) prompt sometimes appears hidden under other opened windows.
- Addressed issue in the event collector data that caused data corruption with % symbols in the user logon events (ID 4624) from other Domain Controllers (DCs).
- Addressed issue where the PowerShell command Add-HgsAttestationTpmHost fails to find the Endorsement Key Certificate for a system even though the certificate exists.
- The Cumulative Update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update has fixed an issue where, in some cases, an Encrypted Hard Drive device would not automatically unlock at system startup.
- Addressed issue where the AppLocker rules wizard crashes when selecting accounts.
- Addressed issue where third-party directory structures caused Disk Cleanup to render a boot drive inaccessible.
- The Cumulative Update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update has fixed an issue where unsynchronized access in NtfsQueryLinksInfo led to a system crash.
- Addressed issue where an extremely high number of I/O flushes might lead to an error.
- The Cumulative Update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update has fixed a reliability issue that occurs when a user gives the wrong input to the smart card pin prompt.
- Addressed issue by increasing the time out window when starting Docker for Windows to avoid 0x5b4 errors.
- Addressed issue with Azure Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) when an ADFX server is configured to use an HTTP Proxy.
- Fixed issue where the calling IP address is not logged by 411 events in the Security Event log of ADFS 4.0 and Windows Server 2016 RS1 ADFS servers. This issue occurs even after enabling Success Audits and Failure Audits.
- The Cumulative Update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update has fixed issue where a computer account loses its domain membership with the error 1789, “The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.” The same problem happens internally when a user password cannot be changed with error 0xc0000206, “The size of the buffer is invalid for the specified operation.”
- Addressed issue where, after a planned restart of the primary server, storage replication doesn’t automatically resume as expected. Also, Storage Replication service randomly fails after restart.
- Addressed issue where using a GPO logon script to map a network drive fails if the user disconnects from the network and restarts. When the user logs in again, the mapped drive is not available. This issue occurs even though the logon script has the persistence flag set to TRUE.
- The Cumulative Update KB4034661 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update has fixed an issue where after uninstalling SMBv1, if you set the SPN validation level to 2, when you access a UNC share remotely (e.g., \\<MachineName>\C$), the request will fail with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
- Addressed issue where the Remote Desktop client cannot connect or disconnects intermittently when trying to connect using the RD Gateway.
- Addressed issue where presenting an expired or revoked certificate to the ADFS Proxy server does not return an error to the user.
Known Issues with update KB4034661
- “Update History” does not list previously installed updates. To see which quality updates have been applied, navigate to the inventory by going to Control Panel -> Programs -> “View Installed Updates”
- Updates that were previously hidden may be offered after installing this update. Workaround – Updates that were previously hidden can be hidden again.
- WSUS servers will exhibit increased CPU, memory, and network utilization when Windows Update clients perform their first scan after installing KB4034658.
Microsoft is investigating this issue and will provide an update as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can download KB4034661(OS build 14393.1613) for Windows 10 from the link below.
Download KB4034661 Windows 10 Offline Installer
Check your Windows updates for 2017-08 cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4034661).