Facebook’s Messenger Day feature is now available on iOS and Android devices. Facebook’s Messenger Day feature is very similar to Snapchat Stories. With this new feature, you can share photos and videos with effects and annotations with friends for 24 hours.
Previously, the company was testing this new feature with a limited number of users. Messenger Day integrates with the rest of the Messenger chat experience too. According to Facebook, you can easily add a photo or video to your Messenger Day when you send it to a friend or group of friends over Messenger.
Facebook Messenger Day feature details:
- First, make sure you’ve updated your Messenger app so you have the latest version.
- Open Messenger and tap on the camera highlighted with the sun to celebrate this launch. Doing so drops you right into the full-screen camera. Or, tap the “Add to your day” button at the top of your inbox to get started.
- Snap a quick selfie or take a photo or video of what’s around you.
- To add art and effects, tap the smiley face icon in the top right and then tap to add to your photo or video. You can also add text over your images by tapping the “Aa” icon, and you can overlay a drawing by tapping the squiggly line in the top right corner.
- Once you have your photo or video the way you want it, tap the arrow in the bottom right corner. You can then add directly to your day, save it to your phone’s camera roll, and/or you can choose to send it to a specific person or group of people. The photo or video that you add to your day will be viewable for 24 hours.
You can download the Facebook Messenger app from the link below.