Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is coming to Windows 10, Steam, and Origin in early 2018. The game was released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One last year. The announcement was made today at Gamescom in Germany with a reveal trailer during a press conference by Nvidia.
The game will include a new feature called ShadowPlay Highlights, which will allow players to automatically record gameplay, edit the clips, and upload them to sites like YouTube.
Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition Graphics features:
- NVIDIA Flow creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals, and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
There is also support for both GeForce Experience capture and share tools:
- NVIDIA Ansel, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.
The upcoming Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition is the definitive version of the game. The game’s multiplayer expansion Comrades is included, as well as free updates.