New Foundation Update 1.1 is now released for No Mans Sky game. It adds the foundations of base building, and is a foundation for things to come. This is the first of many free updates.
Now players can select three different game modes. New game mode includes Normal mode which is the original chilled exploration experience and Creative mode allows players to explore the universe without limits, and build a huge base. On the other hand, Survival mode really changes the game, creating a much more challenging endurance experience.
New in No Mans Sky Foundation Update 1.1
- Claim your home planet by finding an uninhabited base and creating your own, fully bespoke outpost.
- Construct your homestead for shelter, using modular structures and decorations, replicated from resources gathered while exploring.
- Recruit alien lifeforms to help research new technology. Farming, engineer, weapons and science specialists are hirable from Space Stations.
- Use Terminus Teleporters in Space Stations to teleport to and from your base at will
Expand your base with storage containers to stockpile precious resources and rare products.
- Find an even more beautiful location and you can simply dismantle your previous homestead to refund all of the spent resources.
- Cultivate biome dependent crops outdoors, or inside your base or Freighter using Hydroponic Labs.
- Plants grow over time and offer a steady supply of resources to be harvested.
- Hire a farming specialist to research and grow ten new plant types, and discover new resource elements.
- Players can now build essential equipment in the field on-planet.
- Place save points anywhere in the world, crucial for Survival mode.
- Automated Harvesters gather resources from mineral deposits in your absence.
- Waypoints can be placed and colour-coded to allow explorers to return to discoveries.
- Communications Terminals allow explorers to leave sub-space messages for others to find.
- Discover nearby mineral deposits, uninhabited bases or suit upgrades with the use of a Signal Scanner.
- Purchase huge interstellar Freighters at great expense, and then summon them from anywhere in the galaxy.
- Resources can be teleported to your Freighter while on-planet, ideal for stockpiling goods for trading.
- Customise the inside of your Freighter within the Base Building section.
- Create extended cargo holds to expand your vessel’s capacity, and grow crops of rare resources on board.
- Transport your Freighter and its cargo to different, more economically favourable systems to maximise your earnings.
- Use the new recruitment system to crew your Freighter with Engineer, Farmer, Weapons and Science specialists to help research new technologies.
NEW RESOURCES & TECHNOLOGY
- Discover new biome and star specific resource types as you explore the universe.
- Craft the new Advanced Mining Laser and Hazmat gauntlets through base building and use them to gather rare resources.
- Research and discover dozens of new products, building components and technologies.
- The user interface has been improved to accommodate the stress of Survival Mode where a small inconvenience can be the difference between life and death.
- The intelligent Quick Access Menu streamlines Inventory access.
- Products can be stacked up to five times per inventory slot, resulting in increased starship, base container and freighter storage capacity.
- New arrow indicators have been added to emphasise shield and life support changes more clearly, to aid decision making.
- Scanned Primary resource elements have been given specific symbols to allow for easier differentiation.
- View your current objective at any time quickly by pressing left on the D-Pad, or H on your keyboard.
- The UI has been visually improved by removing colour tint and other artifacts.
- Early warning indicators have been added to starship cockpits to notify explorers of inbound Pirate activity.
- Red cockpit warnings indicate more clearly when Pulse Drive is unavailable.
TAA & MOTION BLUR
- Motion blur has been added to accentuate the feeling of speed, particularly when in-flight. This can be switched on or off via the Options menu.
- Temporal Anti Aliasing (TAA) removes jagged edges effectively and has been added as an option to improve visuals clarity.
- Texture streaming can be enabled, allowing minimum spec PCs to run the game more smoothly (accessible from settings xml).
- Terrain generation and colourisation algorithms have been revised to produce more aesthetically interesting planets.
GENERAL GAMEPLAY FIXES
- No Mans Sky update Fixed technology becoming instantly fully charged when repaired.
- Fixed ship appearing on incorrect pad in space station after loading.
- Added interactable objects that required certain tech to collect.
- Added shootable objects that require certain tech to mine.
- Rebalanced resource availability and technology charge requirements.
- Fixed initial game flow – where traveling to space too quickly after visiting the monolith could prevent the first atlas station notification appearing.
- Prevented player being prompted to scan for buildings before leaving the system after visiting the monolith.
- Prevented laser and melee attacks while in space from attempting to edit terrain.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Improved calculation of resources received when mining terrain.
- Renamed Signal Scanners to Signal Boosters.
- Signal booster objects updated to search for playable bases, suit upgrade pods, and mineable resources.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Removed signal booster from being distributed on terrain, as player can now build them.
- Improved accuracy of environment detection, fixing cases where it rained inside caves.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed galactic waypoints not loading correctly across saves.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Removed atlas pass v1 requirement from doors in stations.
- Suit upgrade pods are no longer spawned in stations.
- Suit upgrade pods can now only be used once.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed collision in anomaly that was causing issues when exiting larger ships.
- Increased the number of different NPC character models generated per system.
- Fixed the game always remaining in day time for players who began their save prior to patch 1.03.
- Fixed a potential crash in foliage instance renderer.
- Fixed stats page in Asian languages.
- Fixed multiple issues with Asian language formatting.
- Multiple improvements and fixes to localization text in all languages.
- Added new icons for specific types of primary resources.
- Fixed health bars not appearing on some targets.
- No Mans Sky update Added hazard and life support drain indicators.
- Fixed mission messages not appearing in a timely fashion.
- Beacons now notify the player that they will save the game.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed crash when creature IK animations were updated under certain conditions on the discovery screen.
- Improved navigation in discovery UI.
- Massive speed improvements to browsing huge discovery lists.
- Increased size of discovery storage.
- Added option to load “Earliest” previous save in Options menu.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed weapon naming.
- No Mans Sky update Added icon to remind players of the reload button when weapon is empty.
- Multiple fixes for viewing discoveries.
- Added photo mode.
- Large optimisations to the engine to accommodate base building.
- Added support for up to 8 mouse buttons.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed better order position history for mouse smoothing.
- Fixed bug where setting gamma to zero gave a fully bright rather than fully dark image.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed hard-limiting on save sizes, with appropriate warning about free space on boot.
- Player is now notified when shaders are being loaded.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed occasional crash on exit.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed performance of trail renderer for some AMD cards.
- Large optimisations to the engine to accommodate base building.
- Added biome specific plants.
- Adopted new method of distributing resource plants on terrain, for more lifelike clumps of plants.
- Improved distribution of plant life across all terrain types.
- Introduced visual differentiation of red, green and blue star systems.
- Introduced new mineable terrain resources found only in red, green and blue star systems.
- Reduced average building frequency.
- No Mans Sky update Introduced planets with elevated building density.
- Introduced planets with no buildings or sentient life.
- No Mans Sky update Increased the proportion of lush and tropical planets.
- Decreased the proportion of lifeless planets.
- Fixed bug where multiple ships could appear, overlapping, at the player’s start scene.
- No Mans Sky update Prevented certain building types being incorrectly placed underwater.
- Prevented multiple buildings occasionally being placed in overlapping positions.
- No Mans Sky update Prevented buildings occasionally being placed intersecting with the terrain.
- Improved and altered per-planet terrain resource generation, improving gameplay and visuals.
- Fixed elevation cache mismatches, causing errors in creature knowledge and pathing.
- Fixed slow memory leak in creature role allocation.
- Improved creature animation speeds.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed issues where some creatures turns had the incorrect frame count.
- Fixed occasional crash when interacting with creatures.
- No Mans Sky update Increased proportion of vibrant blue skies.
- Corrected cloud levels for clear skies.
- Improved average cloud level settings.
- No Mans Sky update Fixed cloud rendering while flying in your ship.
- Improved atmosphere depth when transitioning to space.
- No Mans Sky update Increased fidelity of atmosphere rendering on nearest planet.
- No Mans Sky update Improved atmospheric fog as you fly to a planet.
- Improved fog method for planets seen on the horizon.
- No Mans Sky update Improved terrain generation algorithms.
- Improved and extended blend areas between different terrain noise types.
- Terrains now generate more open spaces.
- Smaller features now appear at nearer lods to improve visuals in the distance.
- Fixed objects being placed on incorrect terrain material types.
- Improved resolution of distant planet terrain.
- Decreased differences between planet as seen from space and actual planet terrain.
- Fixed seams on planets when seen from space.
- Improvements to terrain material selection and terrain material blending.
- Terrain generation priority and cost calculation improvements.
- Fixed terrain generation angle calculations, which would previously prevent nearest region being generated first.
- We now generate caves on lower terrain lods to decrease visual differences in lower detail terrain.
- Introduced more varied and vibrant colouring to terrain for each biome.
- Decreased frequency of brown terrain colour selections.
- Changed texture scales to improve transition between terrain lods.
- Improved terrain colour combinations to add variety and better match terrain contouring.
- Improved terrain texture blending method to better retain vibrant colours.
- Improved settings for hue, saturation and value noise variation on terrain.
- Fixed a number of issues causing holes to be seen in the planet terrain.
- Fixed occasional crash when mining terrain.
- Fixed colour of muzzle flashes on player weapons.
- Added muzzle flashes to ship weapons.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added cockpit lighting for damage and weapon firing.
- Added debris to freighter explosion effect.
- Improved freighter cargo explosions.
- Improved photon cannon hit and space explosion effects.
- Improved turret explosion effect.
- Improved grass colour selection.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Improved grass colouring method to match underlying terrain colour.
- Improved grass placement to match gradient of terrain, and rocky terrain slope patches.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Improved lighting on grass.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Improved alpha cutoffs and blending for grass in the distance.
- Improved colouring method for on-planet buildings.
- Fixed “pop” in lighting when flying between planets.
- Fixed incorrect lighting seen in shadow areas.
- Improved lighting method when rendering tree leaves.
- Fixed procedural texturing on objects with multiple overlapping textures.
- Fixed size of certain texture atlas normal maps.
- Fixed texture scaling on asteroids.
- Zinc plant is now more obvious when it has been gathered.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Fixed occasional rendering errors due to precision on cockpit during warp.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Fixed pulse lines not appearing when pulse driving out from planet atmosphere.
- Fixed shadowing artefacts on imposters.
- Improved asteroids to allow much denser fields.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Improved explosion effects.
- Fixed scale of moons on the space map.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added freighter groups to the space map.
- Changed distribution of resources in asteroids.
- AI ships will now clear asteroids in their path.
- Planets are now scannable from space to see their resources.
- Fixed bounty targets warping out too soon.
- Improved HUD indicators in space combat.
- Added damaged ship effect on AI starships.
- Added formation flying.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Improved locking on passive starships.
- Improved AI combat flight patterns.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added new ship weapon technology.
- Holding brake whilst turning now activates drift for fast turns.
- Improved AI ship freighter attacking.
- Improved freighter targeting code when under attack by enemy ships.
- Fixed pulse drive to prevent travel through freighters.
- Improved docking code.
- Added hangar to the lead freighter.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added docking in freighters.
- Added icon to accessible freighter hangars.
- Added colouring to cargo drops to identify what is in them.
- You can now only pick up cargo drops that will fit in your inventory.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added auxiliary freight ships to freighter groups.
- Added alert lights and alarm audio for when freighters are in combat.
- Improved turret lights and explosions.
- Improved muzzle flashes on freighter turrets.
- Added indicator of cargo contents.
- Freighter Commanders now give rewards for rescuing them from pirate attack.
- Fixed collision on freighter cargo containers.
- Updated the lush ambience to make the wind sounds less noisy.
- Ambient background fauna now checks for the presence of creatures.
- Added rain on foliage.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added rain on ship.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added freighter specific footsteps.
- When on a dead planet, no music will play.
- Round table prop now plays an appropriate sound.
- Foundation Update 1.1 Added more music to the loading sequence and game start.
- Added audio to new base building props.
- Created sounds for new base building props.
- Added audio to freighter doors and internal freighter ambiences.
- Added freighter explosions.
- Added freighter alarm.
- Added ambient radio comms when approaching a freighter.
- Fixed missing sounds when in a space station due to the mix settings.
- Multi-tool upgrades now affect audio.
- Lots of minor mix changes.
- Changed some compression settings for PS4 audio to make the sub-channel audio play more reliably.