Friday the 13th update for PS4 and PC now available for download. According to the official Friday the 13th patch notes, the new update comes with Virtual Cabin 2.0 and other new features. the patch also increased the player level from 101 to 150. There are some cool things that players will unlock along the way. Finally, a new Holiday events are also now available which will increase your chances to win Rare and Epic perks.
Friday the 13th UPDATE Patch Notes:
Virtual Cabin 2.0
The new Virtual Cabin is an expansion and complete overhaul of the original. The new update has added a ton of stuff hidden below the surface. The secrets in the updated Virtual Cabin are completely new. The more you explore, the more you’ll discover, and the more everything becomes clear to you. The Virtual Cabin is not what it seems, and it will take everything you have to unlock its secrets.
The latest Friday the 13th update now includes offline bots. To access this new feature, you’ll want to select the new “Offline Play” menu item, and then “Offline Bots”. Next up you’ll want to select the map you want to play on and select your preferred counselor punishing Jason.
Finally, you will be able to select how difficult the bots you play against will be from the 3 difficulty levels included in the update – Easy, Normal, and Hard. The higher the difficulty you choose, the longer counselors will remember you being in the area, the more likely they are to fight you, the quicker they are to react to your presence, the quicker they are to exit hiding spaces when you leave, and the more likely they are to use Medical Sprays smartly.
They’ll fix cars, boats, hide in closets, under beds, in sleeping bags, barricade doors, and more to keep you from making them into another victim. You’ll be able to select from 1 to 7 counselors in your offline game to ensure that you are playing against exactly how many counselors you want to stalk.
Max Level Increase:
The latest Friday the 13th update, players Max level is now increased from 101 to 150. There are some cool things that you will unlock along the way.
New for Counselors: More clothing coloring options for Mitch, Fox… and a couple more counselors.
New for Jason: You can now unlock two brand-spankin’ new grab kills for Jason, absolutely for free. Well, except for the cost of CP. There are also bloody variations of multiple Jasons allowing you to walk around splattered with blood like the slasher you are.
Starting on December 18th and lasting through to the 23rd, your chances of rolling a Rare and Epic perk will be increased. My advice, hoard that CP you collect over the weekend and spend it next week instead.
Starting on December 23rd and running through to the 27th, your chances of finding BOTH Pamela and Jarvis tapes will be increased. If you’re rummaging through drawers and find one, maybe go ahead and be a Chad and keep it for yourself.
Finally, from December 23rd and running through to January 2nd, you will be earning DOUBLE CP. Please note that CP earned from leveling up is NOT doubled, but everything else is.
New Playable Counselor
Sheldon “Shelly” Finklestein
- NO LEVEL Requirement
- 6/10 Composure
- 1/10 Luck
- 5/10 Repair
- 4/10 Speed
- 4/10 Stamina
- 8/10 Stealth
- 7/10 Strength
Level Cap Update
- The maximum level cap has been increased to 150
- Players that reach the level cap are now able to obtain Customization Points every time they gain enough EXP for a “level rollover”
- Various counselor outfits and Jason bloody skins are now available to be unlocked by leveling to specific levels over 101
- Two new grab kills (Disarm and Free Kick) are now purchasable at level 118 and 125
There are plans for many more unlockable leveling rewards to be released in upcoming patches!
Changes in Friday the 13th Patch
- The maximum level cap has been raised from 101 up to 150
- Made improvements to the camera angles used when players are opening a drawer Perks
- The “Inverted Controller Look” option no longer affects the emote wheel
- Medical Sprays will no longer contain extra charges after being dropped by a counselor with the Medic perk equipped
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Hitter perk
- Large items are now properly hidden for counselors operating the CB radio
- Addressed some issues that were causing counselor ragdolls to behave incorrectly
- Fox’s character model now properly casts a full shadow
- Made adjustments to various counselor outfits that were behaving incorrectly
- Addressed some issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
- Fixed an issue with the baseball bat not properly calculating durability
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause Jason to clip through terrain while in shallow water
- Fixed a bug that allowed Jason to interact with the fuse box while also holding a counselor
- Addressed an issue causing Jason’s own location icon and morph reticle to sometimes not appear on the map
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to escape Pamela’s Sweater stun by activating Jason’s morph ability at the exact same time
- Made improvements to the camera angles used for Part 4 Jason’s cinematic kills
- Fixed a bug that caused Part 7 Jason to sometimes behave incorrectly after being stunned by a pocket knife
- Fixed a bug that caused some of Jason’s environmental kills to allow more uses than intended
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter combat stance while in the middle of Jason’s grab animation
- Fixed a bug that prevented Jason’s traps from properly triggering when a Counselor is entering a repaired vehicle
- Fixed a visual bug that caused Jason’s blocking animation to not show properly after blocking an attack
- Fixed a collision issue with Jason’s throwing knives
- Added additional item spawns to campsites
- Lowered the maximum amount of Medical Sprays that are able to spawn in drawers
- Added countermeasures to prevent players from parking vehicles in front of Jason’s shack
- Removed various exploit spots on all maps
- Removed objects on various maps that were blocking the use of some of Jason’s environmental kills
- Jarvis House
- Added more variation to the possible cabin types and cabin spawn locations
- Added additional item spawns and environmental kills in the Jarvis House and Vacation House
- Adjusted repair item spawn locations to no longer spawn at inaccessible locations
- Corrected various collision issues that were blocking player movement
- Higgins Haven
- Fixed a bug that caused the “HIGGINS HAVEN 1984” text to sometimes appear during a match
- Removed some assets that were spawning inside one another
- Higgins Haven Small
- Removed a tire that would sometimes block the phone repair box by Blair Cove
- Added multiple countermeasures to prevent counselors from becoming stuck inside vehicles during various situations
- Repair Part Icons are no longer able to appear beneath the default Map Location Icons
- Fixed a bug that was causing an incorrect amount of kills to be shown on the scoreboard
- Added an option in private matches to toggle Rain On/Off/Random
- Made adjustments to the lobby system to more evenly distribute the chances for players to be chosen as Jason
- Players who choose the ‘Counselor’ option in the ‘Spawn Preference’ menu will no longer be chosen as Jason (unless there are no other options)
- Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes be unable to correctly join a lobby with a party
- Reduced the volume of Part 9 Jason’s music
- Fixed various audio issues occurring with some of Jason’s environmental kills
Check your game update and download latest Friday the 13th update for PS4 and PC. Xbox One users will receive this update later.