Verizon is now rolling out a new software update G928TUVU4EQJ3 on the Galaxy J7 V standard version and build number J727VPPVRU1AQK4 on the prepaid model. The latest patch rolling out with HD voice call improvements and the Krack security patch.
Additionally, the update also includes Android December Security patch which addresses Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) in the open-source Android OS.
Software Update for Galaxy J7 V
Call screen updates
- An LTE icon displays when your HD Voice call is on an LTE network.
- During calls when your device screen is locked, a pop-up notification displays when your connection switches from Wi-Fi to LTE.
- Android December Security patch
- Device stability improvements.
- Performance improvements.
- Bug fixes
The patch will gradually release to everyone. You can also check manually for updates, go to Settings > About device > System update.
Make sure you have enough charge on your device at least 60% to 70% before downloading the update.