Today at Gamescom 2017, HP announced its new Omen X Gaming Laptop. The new HP OMEN X Laptop includes support for virtual reality, while engineered with thermal tech to support unlocked CPUs and factory-overclocked GPUs. Plus, it’s packed with memory options for unparalleled gaming performance in a stunning design with customizable lighting.
HP Omen X Gaming Laptop Features:
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions.
- 17-inch 4K display option for ultimate high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals; and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync enabled for reduced image tearing.
- DTS Headphone:X for simulated surround sound with any headset and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen.
HP Omen X Gaming Laptop Specs:
- Intel 7th gen Core i7 CPUs with unlocked options for overclocking, XMP memory options for memory overclocking and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800.
- Factory-overclocked graphics cards up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.
- RAID0 SSD option for ultra-fast game loading, PCIe SSD+HDD storage options, or standalone 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD option.
- Thermal management including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber on select models* with four 3.5 mm heat pipes improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear-corner-mounted radiators.
- The OMEN Command Center Software to manage CPU and RAM overclocking, gaming network traffic and latency in online games, and chassis and keyboard lighting.
Easy to upgrade Options:
- Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
- Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt 3-certified USB 3.1 Type C, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output)
Pricing and availability: The OMEN X Laptop is expected to be available later this year at HP.com, starting at $1,999.