Update KB3200970 build 14393.447 is now rolling out for Windows 10 Anniversary Update devices and Windows Server 2016. There no new feature in this update. But update brings minor fix and improvements to Windows 10 devices. As reported earlier, the new cumulative update build 14393.447 was compiled on November 2, 2016.
The latest cumulative update KB3200970 for Windows 10 1607 will push the build number slightly from the last build 14393.351 to PC build 14393.447. Previously, the company released build 14393.351.
The company also released Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.14393.448. The latest mobile build 10.0.149393.448 also includes minor fixes and improvements. The new update build 10.0.14393.448 was compiled on November 5, 2016.
Check out what’s new in Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970).
New in Update KB3200970 build 14393.447
- Cumulative update KB3200970 improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Cumulative update KB3200970 addressed an issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn’t run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
- Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Cumulative update KB3200970 addressed an issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
- Cumulative update KB3200970 addressed an issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
- Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
- Update KB3200970 addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
- Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
Microsoft officially announced that next Redstone 2 update will be called ‘Creators Update’. Windows 10 Creators Update will be next major update about Anniversary Update. The Creators Update will be available in March-April 2017.