Windows 10 update KB4041688 download links and changelog is now available for users. Check your Windows Update for 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4041688). The latest cumulative update for Windows 10 Anniversary update users comes with fixes and improvements.
The update has fixed issue rare issue where fonts may be corrupted after the Out of Box Experience is completed. This issue occurs on images that have multiple language packs installed.
Whats new in Windows 10 update KB4041688 OS Build 14393.1794
- The new update has fixed rare issue where fonts may be corrupted after the Out of Box Experience is completed. This issue occurs on images that have multiple language packs installed.
- Addressed issue where downloading updates using express installation files may fail after installing OS Updates 14393.1670 through 14393.1770.
- Fixed issue that causes an error when trying to access shares on a file server.
- Addressed issue that prevents Windows Error Reporting from saving error reports in a temporary folder that is recreated with incorrect permissions. Instead, the temporary folder is inadvertently deleted.
- Addressed issue where the MSMQ performance counter (MSMQ Queue) may not populate queue instances when the server hosts a clustered MSMQ role.
- Windows 10 update KB4041688 has fixed issue where restricting the RPC port of the Next Generation Credentials (Windows Hello) service causes the system to stop responding when logging on.
- Addressed issue where Personal Identity Verification (PIV) smart card PINs are not cached on a per-application basis. This causes users to see the PIN prompt multiple times in a short time period. Normally, the PIN prompt onlys display once.
- Improved M.2 NVMe SSD throughput when the queue size increases.
- Fixed an issue where running Event Tracing for Windows with Volsnap may result in error 0x50.
- Addressed issue where using the Robocopy utility to copy a SharePoint document library, which is mounted as a drive letter, fails to copy files. However, in this scenario, Robocopy copies folders successfully.
- Addressed issue where Miniports that make 64-bit DMA requests from a single 4 GB region may fail, preventing the system from booting.
- Windows 10 KB4041688 has addressed issue where a disk losing communication with its S2D cluster may lead to a stale fault domain descriptor for the enclosure.
- Addressed issue where, if an update to a pool config header occurs when it’s performing a read function, a stop error may occur in a Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaces Directory (S2D) deployment.
- Addressed issue to allow UEFI-based customers to pre-stage UEFI-based Gen 2 VMs to run Windows Setup automatically.
- Fixed issue that intermittently misdirects AD Authority requests to the wrong Identity Provider because of incorrect caching behavior. This can affect authentication features like Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Added the ability for AAD Connect Health to report AD FS server health with correct fidelity (using verbose auditing) on mixed WS2012R2 and WS2016 AD FS farms.
- Addressed issue where the PowerShell cmdlet that raises the farm behavior level fails with a timeout during the upgrade from the 2012 R2 AD FS farm to AD FS 2016. The failure occurs because there are many relying party trusts.
- KB4041688 addressed issue where adding user rights to an RMS template causes the Active Directory RMS management console (mmc.exe) to stop working with an unexpected exception.
- Addressed issue where AD FS causes authentication failures by modifying the WCT parameter value while federating the requests to another Security Token Server (STS).
- Updated the SPN and UPN uniqueness feature to work within the forest root tree and across other trees in the forest. The updated NTDSAI.DLL won’t allow a subtree to add an SPN or a UPN as a duplicate across the entire forest.
- Fixed issue where the language bar stays open after closing a RemoteApp application, which prevents sessions from being disconnected.
- Addressed issue where the working directory of RemoteApps on Server 2016 is set to %windir%\System32 regardless of the application’s directory.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- KB4041688 has fixed issue where the ServerSecurityDescriptor registry value doesn’t migrate when you upgrade to Windows 10 1607. As a result, users might not be able to add a printer using the Citrix Print Manager service. Additionally, they might not be able to print to a client redirected printer, a Citrix universal print driver, or a network printer driver using the Citrix universal print driver.
- Addressed issue where policies are not pushed for servers that have an updated Instance ID. This occurs when synchronizing the removal of the old server resources with the notifications about NICs (port profile changes) from the host.
Download KB4041688 update for Windows 10 v1607
If you are still facing problems regarding update download or installation, you can check our guide for the fixes for these issues here.