Windows 10 update KB4041691 download links and changelog is now available for users. Check your Windows Update for 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4041691). The latest cumulative update for Windows 10 Anniversary update users comes with fixes and improvements.
The update has fixed issue with a port and thread leak that can cause a broad array of symptoms including unresponsive systems and iSCSI target connection failures. The new patch has also fixed an issue where faulty silicon in Solid-State Drives impacted the performance of the Microsoft Standard NVM Express Driver (stornvme).
Whats new in Windows 10 update KB4041691 OS Build 14393.1770
Addressed issue where the Universal CRT caused the linker (link.exe) to stop working for large projects.
- Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with rendering a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
- Windows 10 update KB4041691 fixed an issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
- Addressed issue caused by a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where a vendor API deleted data unexpectedly.
- Addressed issue where SD propagation stops working when you manually trigger Security Descriptor propagation (SDPROP) by setting the RootDse attribute FixupInheritance to 1. After setting this attribute, SD propagation and permissions changes made on Active Directory objects don’t propagate to child objects. No errors are logged.
- Addressed access violation in LSASS that occurs during startup of domain controller role conditions. A race condition causes the violation when account management calls occur while the database is refreshing internal metadata. A password reset or change is one of the management calls that may trigger this problem.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- Windows 10 update KB4041691 fixed an issue where the ServerSecurityDescriptor registry value does not migrate when you upgrade to Windows 10 1607. As a result, users might not be able to add a printer using the Citrix Print Manager service. Additionally, they might not be able to print to a client redirected printer, a Citrix universal print driver, or a network printer driver using the Citrix universal print driver.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
However, some users are reporting that they are unable to download updates or their update stuck midway. We’ve posted official Microsoft offline direct download links.
Download KB4041691 update for Windows 10 v1607
If you are still facing problems regarding update download or installation, you can check our guide for the fixes for these issues here.