Windows 10 update KB4048954 download links are now available. The latest security update includes fixes and improvements.
According to the official changelogs, the patch has fixed the issue where after installing KB4038788, some Microsoft Surface Laptops boot to a black screen. Additionally, you must press the power button for a long time to recover.
Fixed in KB4048954 update build 15063.728 for Windows 10 version 1703
- Addressed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)”.
- Addressed issue where the RDP Connection from a Windows 10 1703 client to Windows Server 2008 R2 fails with the error: “An internal error occurred”. This problem occurs when the server is configured in RemoteFX mode. You may also see a black or incorrectly painted screen.
- Windows 10 update KB4048954 fixed an issue where, after an OS upgrade, setting an offline schedule in the Sync Center applet of Control Panel fails. The error message that appears is: “Sync Center Error. An error occurred displaying sync schedules. Error: 0x80070005. Access Denied.”
- Addressed issue where RemoteApp and Desktop Connection settings fail to apply when you set them using Group Policy or a script.
- Addressed issue where the virtual smart card doesn’t assess the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) vulnerability correctly.
- Windows 10 update KB4048954 fixed an issue where opening Microsoft Office files from a file server that has Windows Information Protection enabled fails with the error: “Sorry we couldn’t open document xxxx”.
- Addressed issue where, when using the FDVDenyWriteAccess policy, Windows will continue to prevent a drive from being made writable even after BitLocker encryption completes.
- Addressed issue where Surface Hub devices cannot connect to Azure Active Directory to log on when they are behind a proxy server.
- Addressed issue where attempting to clean temporary files on the Windows Phone results in the error code “E_FAIL”.
- Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.
- Addressed issue where GetWindowLong may fail when called on a window whose thread isn’t processing Windows messages.
- Fixed issue where, after installing KB4038788 and rebooting, a black screen appears with only a cursor, and you must reboot in order to log in successfully.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where an intranet site was being treated as an internet site.
- Addressed a memory leak in Microsoft Edge caused by the startup of an internal process.
- Windows 10 update KB4048954 addressed issue with the launch of HTML dialogs in Windows PE systems.
- Addressed issue with scrolling that sometimes causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding.
- Addressed a crash in Internet Explorer that was seen in machines that used large font-size settings.
- Windows 10 update KB4048954 addressed issue where the PDF download progress bar stops when opening a PDF file from a cloud-backed web services site.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows kernel, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Microsoft Windows Search Component, and Windows Media Player.
- Addressed issue where after installing KB4038788, some Microsoft Surface Laptops boot to a black screen. Additionally, you must press the power button for a long time to recover.
Windows 10 v1703 update KB4048954 download links
Download KB4048954 offline files (64Bit)
Download KB4048954 offline files (32Bit)
Read how to install CAB files here.