Windows 10 update KB4048955 download links are now available. The latest security update includes fixes and improvements.
The new update KB4048955 fixed an issue where, after removing apps, they’re reinstalled on every restart, logoff, and login. In addition, there is also a fix for an issue where localization of the error output from a JET database is broken.
What’s fixed in KB4048955 update build 16299.64 for Windows 10 version 1709
- Addressed issue that causes the Mixed Reality Portal to stop responding on launch.
- Addressed issue that causes a black screen to appear when you switch between windowed and full-screen modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
- Windows 10 update KB4048955 fixed a compatibility issue that occurs when you play back a Game DVR PC recording using Android or iOS devices.
- Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.
- Addressed issue to ensure that certain USB devices and head-mounted displays (HMD) are enumerated properly after the system wakes up from Connected Standby.
- Windows 10 update KB4048955 fixed an issue where the virtual smart card doesn’t assess the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) vulnerability correctly.
- Addressed issue where Get-StorageJob returns nothing when there are storage jobs running on the machine.
- Windows 10 update KB4048955 fixed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)”.
- Addressed issue where application tiles are missing from the Start menu. Additionally, applications that the Store app show as installed don’t appear on the application list of the Start menu. Computers that have Internet connectivity and upgrade on or after November 14, 2017 will receive this preventative solution and avoid this issue. Machines that lack network connectivity or have already encountered this issue should follow the steps in the Microsoft Answers thread “Missing apps after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update”. Microsoft will release and document an additional solution in a future release.
- Addressed issue where Microsoft Edge cannot create a WARP support processand appears to stop responding for up to 3 seconds during a wait timeout. During the timeout period, users cannot navigate or interact with the requested page.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.
Windows 10 v1709 update KB4048955 download links
Download KB4048955 offline files (64Bit)
Download KB4048955 offline files (32Bit)
Read how to install CAB files here.