Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 Redstone 2 build 14955. The latest Windows 10 Redstone 2 Insider preview PC build 14955 is now available for fast ring insiders. Like every test build, this build also comes with some issues. Check out what problems you may face with this build.
Known issues for PC build 14955
- If you have a 3rd party antivirus product installed on your PC – your PC might not be able to complete the update to this build and roll-back to the previous build.
- Insiders may experience the Windows Ink Workspace crashing when using the protractor.
Known issues for Mobile build 10.0.14955.1000
- If your device never successfully updated to Build 14951 If your device did receive Build 14951, you should be able to download and update to this build just fine.
- Some Insiders are receiving an 0x80242006 error trying to update to the latest builds.
- You will be unable to install additional languages, keyboards, and speech packs on your phone for the next few weeks. If you have existing languages, keyboards, and speech packs installed – they will carry over when you update to new builds. You just can’t install any new ones. If you do a hard reset of your phone on these builds – you will also be unable to install additional languages, keyboards, and speech packs. You can use Windows Device Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile, install any languages, keyboards, and speech packs you need and then update to the latest build in the Fast ring as a workaround.
- Excel Mobile will freeze after adding sheets and eventually crashes.
The company also warned insider members that initial Redstone 2 builds will be more buggy than usual. Microsoft next major updates Redstone 2 and Redstone 3 are coming in 2017.