Microsoft Band getting a new Explore Tile feature with the upcoming update. Microsoft band’s built-in GPS Explore Tile is ideal for tracking outdoor hikes. Microsoft did not announce the release date. But it may come next week along with Microsoft Health app.
Microsoft Band Explore Tile features:
- GPS Power Saver automatically allows your band to track your hike for up to 12 hours.
- After your hike, sync your band to your mobile app to see your points of elevation and a map of your route in the Microsoft Health app and web dashboard.
- Stay hydrated, properly fueled, and get help dodging any inclement weather with smart alerts. They’ll remind you to hydrate and refuel, tell you what time the sun sets, and alert you of any inclement weather advisories based on atmospheric pressure.
- The UV monitor you know and love is enabled while you hike. It will notify you when your UV exposure is high, so you can stay covered or apply SPF while you’re out in the sun.
- Exploring on your own? Leave your phone in your pocket and turn up the tunes – skip tracks and adjust the volume on your phone’s music apps from your band’s touchscreen.
- If you want to stop for a rest or take in the view, no problem. The Auto Pause feature will automatically detect that you’ve stopped, so you can focus on your adventure.
Update: Microsoft is now rolling out new update firmware version 2.0.4634.0 26 for Band 2. The new update will add Explore tile and many more features to the device.