Today, Microsoft has announced a new UWP Community Toolkit 1.1 for developers. UWP Community Toolkit is an open-source project that enables the developer community to collaborate and contribute new capabilities on top of the SDK.
What’s new Microsoft UWP Community Toolkit 1.1
- .NET Foundation. UWP Community Toolkit has joined the .NET Foundation, a vibrant community of open-sourced projects focused on the future of the .NET ecosystem.
- Updates and new features. The focus of this release is to improve the quality of the toolkit by addressing feedback we received through GitHub and the Store Sample App. Full list available in the Release Notes, including:
- Services: added LinkedIn service (i.e. read user profile and share activity), Microsoft Graph service (i.e. send and read emails from UWP via Office 365 or explore Azure Active Directory graph) and updates to the Facebook and Bing services
- Controls: added Blade, GridSplitter and DropShadowPanel controls
- Animations: new FadeHeaderBehavior
- Sample app. The UWP Community Toolkit Sample App has been updated to include the new features of this release. The Sample App is the best way to preview the features of the toolkit.
- Documentation. As the project joins the .NET Foundation, we moved the documentation to a new location, directly connected to GitHub.