A new August firmware update for Surface Pro 4 and Surface book is released. Microsoft has not released any changelog for new updates, but we can expect bug fixes and improvements to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) for Surface devices. Few users reporting that today’s update may fix a bug related to stuck CPU scaling on the Surface devices following the Anniversary Update.
Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book update list
- Microsoft driver update for Surface UEFI
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration Service Device
Firmware Update Changelog
- Surface Management Engine: Improves stability and performance when you change between power states.
- Surface UEFI: Improves stability and performance when you change between power states.
- Surface Integration: Improves the device usability and battery life.
- Surface Integration Service Device: Makes sure the default Balanced power plan is set correctly when the operating system is updated.
Note you have to restart your Surface device twice for the full installation to take effect. Microsoft also released new cumulative update build 14393.105 for preview ring members.