Microsoft is now pushing Windows 10 Insider preview build 14383 for PC and Mobile. Dona Sarkar(Insider team head) just announced it on Twitter. Latest insider build is available for Fast Ring Insiders only. Build 14383 mostly includes improvement and bug fixes. The last build Microsoft released was build 14379 for fast ring insiders.
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) July 7, 2016
Improvements and fixes in Windows 10 Insider Build 14383
- The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
- Windows 10 Insider Build 14383 changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C based on feedback from Insiders experiencing a large number of unintended activations of Cortana while in listening mode. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
- Going forward from Windows 10 Insider Build 14383, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
- Build 14383 fixed an issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary might result in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape until having detached and reattached the screen.
- Insider team fixed an issue where the Settings app was showing media controls in the taskbar preview window.
- Windows 10 Insider Build 14383 fixed an issue where dragging the file comparison or manage library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs would result in the dialog content no longer displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons wasn’t visible in high contrast, for example in the Photos menu under “…”.
- Windows 10 Insider Build 14383 also fixed an issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
- Insider team also fixed an issue where, with certain monitor configurations, Explorer.exe would hang after a tooltip is displaying.
- New Insider Build 14383 fixed an issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice, such as the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, sometimes accelerating erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
- Fixed an issue where on certain webpages in Microsoft Edge when Narrator was in Scan mode and going line by line through a list of hyperlinks, Narrator wouldn’t announce the fact that these were hyperlinks.
- Windows 10 Insider Build 14383 fixed an issue with certain websites potentially causing a memory leak and becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension had been enabled.
Known issues in Windows 10 Insider Build 14383
- If you are seeing a notification pop-up in Windows 10 Insider Build 14383 once a day that started on 7/1 saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016, don’t worry this is a superfluous dialog and your OS won’t expire. The dialog will also go away soon.
- A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed. However, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
Microsoft also released Windows 10 insider Mobile build 10.0.14383. Click here to know more about it.