Microsoft is now seeding Windows 10 Redstone 2 build 14936. Earlier, we reported that the company is testing new build internally and was compiled on September 23, 2016. The latest Windows 10 Redstone 2 Insider preview PC build 14936 and mobile build 10.0.14936.1000 is now available to fast ring insiders. Previously, the company had released build 14931 for insiders.
New in Windows 10 Insider Build 14936 (10.0.14936)
- Fixed the issue causing Narrator to continually speak the progress of a song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing in Groove Music.
- Fixed the issue where using the tab key to navigate the Settings app wouldn’t work.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Explorer.exe frequently crashing for some Insiders, particularly for those with multiple network switches.
Known issues for PC
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to “Turn Windows features on or off”, scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck (bluescreen).
- Running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt will fail at 20% with the error “could not perform the requested operation.”
Fixes for Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14936.1000
- Fixed the issue causing the pin pad to not be visible to unlock the phone even after rebooting the phone.
- Fixed the issue where some phones lose the ability to use their SIM cards.
- Fixed the mobile hotspot issue where it works the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature won’t work until the phone is rebooted.
- Fixed an issue causing some devices such as the Lumia 650 from failing to install a new build with Error 0x80188308.
- Fixed the issue causing some build updates to fail with an 800703ed error code.
- Fixed the issue where Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn’t show any notifications).
- Fixed an issue where notifications were unexpectedly showing the app logo within the notification when viewed in Action Center.
- Fixed an issue for devices that shipped with Windows Phone 8.1, such as the Lumia 930 and 1520, where if you plugged in a headset during an ongoing call, the audio would not be routed to the headset.
Known issues for Mobile
- If you have your default storage set to a SD card for apps, installation of apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat will fail with an error. As a workaround, set your default location to your device’s onboard storage.
Microsoft also released a new Windows 10 1607 cumulative update kb3194496 build 14393.222 for PC and Mobile build 10.0.14393.221 for Release Preview brand and Slow Ring insiders. The company also warned insider members that initial Redstone 2 builds will be more buggy than usual. Microsoft next major updates Redstone 2 and Redstone 3 are coming in 2017.