Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 insider mobile build 10.0.14383. Dona Sarkar posted a tweet about new insider build. The latest build is mostly improvements and bug fix release. The last build Microsoft released for insiders was mobile build 10.0.14379. Insider team is now finishing the final codes in preparation for releasing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to customers on August 2nd.
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) July 7, 2016
Improvements in Mobile Build 10.0.14383
- Mobile Build 10.0.14383 improved battery performance for those who tend to quickly turn the screen on and off in order to look at the Lock screen.
- Mobile Build 10.0.14383 fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where zooming in and out of embedded maps could sometimes result in the map jumping to an unexpected location.
- Insider team also fixed an issue resulting in volume mute not working on certain devices, such as the Lumia 640, when playing YouTube videos that use the OPUS audio codec.
- Fixed an issue where if you are connected to a car via Bluetooth that supports it, tapping “End Call” on the car’s console wouldn’t work while an incoming text was being announced.
- Mobile Build 10.0.14383 fixed an issue resulting in not being about to make Store purchases using mobile operator billing when using an Orange SIM.
- Mobile Build 10.0.14383 fixed an issue resulting in Groove sometimes unexpectedly pausing music after music has manually been paused and resumed.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the keyboard sometimes outputting @ and € instead of “a” and “e” for certain languages in Windows Phone 8.1 apps.
- Insider team fixed an issue resulting in many Windows Phone 8.1 games seeming to play in slow motion on certain devices, such as the Lumia 535.
- Fixed an issue where notifications received while the screen was off didn’t take into consideration the proximity sensor, resulting in the screen turning on to display the notification while in pockets, potentially leading to accidental screen presses.
- Mobile Build 10.0.14383 fixed an issue where Visual Voicemail setup wouldn’t appear after hard resetting the device.
- Fixed an issue resulting in tiles pinned from within apps sometimes being blank and not falling back to show the app name within the tile. Also fixed an issue where “SIM 2” title was missing from pinned Messaging and Phone tiles for the second SIM.
- Windows 10 insider Mobile Build 10.0.14383 also fixed an issue resulting in incorrect Start screen scaling after switching from Continuum/Extended Desktop to Mirrored/Duplicated screen on devices with a non-default DPI.
- Team also fixed an issue resulting in there sometimes being a delay when showing the missed call count on the Phone app Live tile.
Known issues in Mobile Build 10.0.14383
- Voice Recorder does not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording.
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won’t be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
- REMINDER: Insider team have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup. Your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.
Microsoft also released Windows 10 Insider Build 14383 for PC. Click here to know more.