Update: Newly found issues with the build added to the list.
Microsoft is now rolling out new Windows 10 Redstone 2 Mobile build 10.0.14926. The latest Redstone 2 PC build 14926.1000 and Mobile build 10.0.14926.1000 is now available to fast ring insiders. Previously, the company released Windows 10 build 10.0.14915 for fast ring insiders.
New in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.14926
Updated Wi-Fi settings page (Mobile): As part of our experience of unifying the settings experience across devices – we have updated the Wi-Fi settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > Wi-Fi on Mobile to match how it works on PC. The new Wi-Fi settings page isn’t complete yet as we continue to port over functionality. If need, you can fallback to using the Wi-Fi (legacy) settings page to access any missing functionality. In addition, we added the capability for you to connect to WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) networks on your phone.
Improvements and fixes for Mobile Build 10.0.14926
- We fixed a scaling issue on devices such as the Lumia 635, 636, or 638 where the bottom of certain apps, like Messaging and Maps, would get cut off and rendered off screen.
- We heard you and we have addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the sound of key presses and lock/unlock being barely audible when the phone was using a moderate volume.
- We fixed an issue where, if Quiet Hours had been turned on, banner notifications might not start appearing again until Action Center was opened or an interactive notification popped up and was dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana would crash when trying to open Reminders page.
- We have improved the reliability of VPN Settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > VPN.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the thumbnail for portrait videos displaying with an incorrect aspect ratio in the Photos app when panning through the Camera Roll.
Known issues for Mobile Build 10.0.14926.1000
- Some devices such as the Lumia 650 will fail to install this build with Error 0x80188308. We are currently investigating this issue.
- Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn’t show any notifications).
- Using your phone as a mobile hotspot will work the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature will result in the inability to enable the hotspot until the phone is rebooted.
- ADDED: We are investigating small set of isolated reports that after upgrading to Build 14926, the pin pad is no longer visible to unlock the phone even after rebooting the phone. If you have hit this issue, you can follow the steps here for resetting an unresponsive phone (hard reset) which gets your phone back into a working state on Build 14926.
- ADDED: We are also investigating reports that after upgrading to Build 14926, some phones lose the ability to use their SIM card. A hard reset also fixes this issue as well.
Microsoft warned insider members that initial Redstone 2 builds will be more buggy than usual. Microsoft next major updates Redstone 2 and Redstone 3 are coming in 2017.