Microsoft is now rolling out new Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15031.1000. The latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15031 (rs2_release) is currently available for Fast ring insiders members. Recently, Windows Insider team also released build 15031 insider members. Check out what’s new in this build.
Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15031 (rs2_release) brings a new share icon as well as bug fixes and other improvements. Check out full details below.
New in Windows 10 Mobile Build 15031
New Share icon: Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15031.1000 introduce a new share icon. For apps that used the “share” font glyph in Segoe MDL2 assets should get the change automatically.
Fixed in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15031.1000
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15031.1000 fixed an issue in recent Insider builds where certain calendar appointments could result in a Mail crash with every sync. This issue could also result in issues sending and receiving SMS.
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 15031.1000 fixed an issue where pausing a streaming track, for example in Groove Music, would result in no more re-buffering when playback is resumed, leading to choppy playback audio.
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15031.1000 fixed an issue where text copied from a PDF in Microsoft Edge couldn’t be pasted.
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 15031 fixed an issue where the ninja cats on the People and Animals page of the keyboard were displaying in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- Mobile Build 15031 also added the rainbow flag emoji to the keyboard. You can find it in the transportation and weather section.
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 15031 updated Keyboard Settings so that “Switch back to letters after I type an emoticon” is now off by default.
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 15031 fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode.
- Build 15031 fixed an issue where, if the phone was connected to the PC, deleting an entire folder (without opening the folder) on the phone from the PC’s file explorer might not result in the folder actually being deleted on the phone. We also fixed an issue where (still connected to the PC) the phone might freeze for a short while after cancelling copying content to the SD card.
- Windows Insider team also fixed an issue resulting in some games with an explicit option to “exit game” unexpectedly taking a long time to close.
- Windows Insider team also fixed an issue resulting in some games were drawing up and to the left offscreen in recent flights.
- Windows Insider team also fixed an issue where receiving a notification while the phone was in your pocket could unexpectedly result in the screen turning on.
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 15031 improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
Known issues with Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.15031.1000
- Speech packs will be unable to download on Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15031 (rs2_release).
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Bluetooth quick actions from Action Center also does not work. Continuum will also not work.
Recently, Microsoft also rolled out new Insider PC build 15031. However, few Insider members are reporting ‘download stuck at 0%’ and other issues with the build. Read here for fixes.
Microsoft is expected to release Windows 10 Creators Update in April. The next major updates Redstone 3 and Redstone 4 will come later this year and next year respectively. Windows 10 build 15025 ISO images are now available for download. You can download ISO from here.