Microsoft is rolling out new Xbox One Preview build. Latest build includes improvements and bug fixes. If you are an insider you can download new Xbox One Preview build rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160629-2012.
New Xbox One Preview build features:
Movies & TV: Movies & TV Purchasing and renting movies and TV shows is now enabled in the new Xbox Store, and playback of movies and TV shows is enabled in the new Movies & TV app. You can purchase or rent movies and TV shows in the Xbox Store (or the Windows Store or on MicrosoftStore.com), and use the new Movies & TV app to play back content.
When first launching the new Movies & TV app, you will be taken to the home screen which only displays a few items from your collection. To view your entire collection of movies and TV shows, move the left stick on your controller to the left to expose the side bar menu, and select “Movies” or “TV” to see your full collection. On the home screen of the new Movies & TV app, if you select a new movie or TV show to purchase or rent, you will be taken to the product details page in the Xbox Store to complete the purchase.
Movies & TV Known Issues:
- Users need to manually install and uninstall the new Movies & TV app from the Xbox Store.
- New Movies & TV app may appear as “Films & TV” at the Xbox Store.
- Users will get an error if they try to purchase or rent movies or TV shows from the old Movies & TV app.
- Headset Controls Resolved an issue preventing the headset controls from appearing in the Guide.
- Xbox Avatars The Xbox Avatars app should no longer get stuck in the Queue when attempting to download an update.
- Movies & TV When launching Movies & TV and attempting to play a video, the menu should no longer obstruct part of the screen.
- Microsoft Edge While playing a video, pressing the left thumbstick to enter full screen mode should no longer cause Microsoft Edge to crash in Xbox One Preview build.
- The NowTV app no longer fails to launch.
- OneDrive should no longer fail to launch in Xbox One Preview build.
- Narrator should no longer lose focus when navigating the dashboard or Store.
- EA Access Games Resolved an issue which prevented certain EA Access games from launching.
Xbox Universal Store
- The Coming Soon section is now available in the Store.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
Xbox Universal Store: Users may still be able to purchase Xbox 360 backward compatible games from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”.
• Token redemption for Xbox Live Gold fails.
• Store pages for purchased games and apps sometimes still show a “Buy” button rather than an “Install” button. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
• Users may still be able to purchase movies and TV shows from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”.
• The “Buy” button for games promoted through Deals with Gold may fail to launch the purchase page, and instead launch the Gold Lounge.
• Snap Sometimes after powering on from connected standby and launching a full screen game or app, a black bar remains where content was previously snapped. Workaround: Quit and relaunch the game or app, or, snap new content and unsnap it.
Payments and Billing
• At this time it’s not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in Redstone to manage payment options.
• At this time it’s not possible to remove or change payment information associated with pre-ordered games.
• Users are allowed one free Gamertag change per account. After using your one free Gamertag change, you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, while your free Gamertag change will complete successfully, attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag.
• When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
• Cortana may take a longer than expected amount of time to use the play command in Xbox One Preview build.
• Searching the Xbox Universal Store via Cortana sometimes causes her to search the same keyword multiple times.
• Cortana may sometimes restart and indicate she is “Warming up…” even after recent use.
• Pins If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
• My Games & Apps You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
• Community Calendar Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.