Nintendo Switch system update 3.0 is now available for download. The latest update brings a bunch of new features and improvements to the console. With the latest update, you can now add friends with a Switch who were on your 3DS or Wii U friend lists, find nearby paired controllers by getting them to vibrate, and use a Switch Pro Controller via wired connection.
Nintendo Switch update 3.0 also includes bug fixes and other improvements. Check out the full change log below.
What’s new in Nintendo Switch update 3.0.0
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games.
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists.
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online.
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature.
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu.
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon.
- With the Nintendo Switch system update 3.0, you can change the system volume from the Quick Settings.
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale.
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable (disables NFC touchpoint).
- Update connected controllers.
- Nintendo Switch system software 3.0 added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software.
- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting.
- Nintendo Switch update 3.0 brings improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode.