No Man’s Sky 1.38 update for PlayStation 4 and PC is now available for download. The new No Mans Sky update 1.38 introduces an improved save system, which makes managing saves between game modes much easier.
In addition, the patch has added the ability to transfer items to and from containers in your base or freighter. Alos, there is now a new tooltip text to explain the planet icons on the discovery page. Check out full changelog below.
No Man’s Sky 1.38 Update Patch Notes for PS4 and PC
New save system
- You will now be presented with 5 save-game slots (each of which can be used for any game mode). Your existing saves will be mapped into these slots.
- Selecting an empty slot will start a new game, allowing you to then pick which game mode to play from the mode select menu.
- There are now two sub-slots for each save-game – one for autosaves, one for manual saves.
- With No Man’s Sky 1.38, starting a new game with no existing saves will take you directly to mode select
Improvements & changes.
- Made the temperature range of dead planets more varied.
- In-flight weather effects now vary in strength based on height.
- The Analysis Visor can now be used to scan farm plants and see the remaining growth time.
- Analysis Visor can scan ships to determine their class, type, and value at a distance.
- The Analysis Visor can be used to see the approximate distance of resources discovered with the Scanner.
- No Man’s Sky 1.38 has added error message when no outpost is found by the economy scanner.
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has added the ability to skip black bars when discovering a planet or solar system.
- Prevented the cursor being reset to the center of the page as you switch between pause menus.
- Trade outposts now provide hazard protection.
- Added a chance for pirates to spawn earlier than usual when a player warps into a certain systems, to add more variety to exploration and trading.
- Galactic map now respects user mouse sensitivity settings.
- Galactic map now respects user control inversion settings.
- Prevented trade terminals having a negative quantity of stock.
- Made trading terminal stock values replenish over time.
- Separated stock levels for trading posts and space stations in the same system.
- Lush biomes in survival mode now occasionally exist without an aggressive sentinel presence.
- Reduced cursor UI slowdown when using a pad.
- No Man’s Sky 1.38 has improved NPC ship target selection in space battles, prevented them reacting to the accidental player fire.
- Added exotic ship audio for AI and NPC ships.
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has added ability to transfer items to and from containers in your base or freighter.
- Added tooltip text to explain the planet icons on the discovery page.
- No Man’s Sky 1.38 has added ability to sell items from ship cargo slots at terminals.
- Storms on humid/lush planets are no longer toxic; humid/lush planets now have a chance of their rain being very hot. Note: no new storms have been added, and the frequency of storms has not been adjusted. Humid planets that previously had freezing rain storms in 1.3 have had that storm type changes to heated rain.
- Added ability to transfer items from cargo slots during maintenance interactions
- Improved trading by giving NPCs independent stock levels
- Made NPCs who give directions refer to a wider spread of locations
- No Man’s Sky 1.38 has added ability to rebind the discard key
- Fixed an issue where some delivery missions would continuously tell players to visit other systems
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has fixed an issue where the requirements to complete some missions could change as you spoke to NPCs
- Fixed scaling issues with creature feeding icons
- Fixed an issue where mining units would occasionally incorrectly produce Heridium
- Prevented mining units being placed inside each other
- Fixed an issue where base parts, including storage containers, built outside the base building radius in unlimited building mode would not be transferred when the player moved to a new base
- No Mans Sky 1.38 has fixed an issue where storm-prone planets could be labelled as ‘Mild’. Storm frequency has not been adjusted – the text should now more accurately describe weather conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator audio would occasionally continue after terrain editing completed
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator hologram would remain in one location after subtracting from the terrain
- Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator would occasionally create longer lines than intended
- No Man’s Sky version 1.38 has fixed an issue where the ship crosshair would appear at incorrect times
- Fixed the Upload All button on the discovery page not deactivating after being used
- Corrected button prompts in the ship combat wiki
- Restored Spectral Class to the galaxy map text
- Prevented users occasionally falling outside the trading post platform when exiting their ship
- Prevented traders from attacking pirates which are far out of their range
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has fixed an issue where NPC ships would stop outside the entrance of freighters and space stations in systems with no trade routes
- No Mans Sky 1.38 has fixed an issue where smaller freighters and containers could not be destroyed
Corrected Roamer and Rover inventories appearing incorrectly in the transfer window
- Added protection to allow the Mind Arc step of the Artemis story to be completed even if a player deletes their base
- Fixed issue where a blue eye icon would occasionally appear over the crosshair
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly could remain in the player’s home system indefinitely
- Fixed an issue with dismantling tech on ship compare screens not correctly destroying the tech
- Fixed an issue where unbinding a key would exit the control menu
- No Mans Sky 1.38 has fixed an issue where selecting a new key binding could accidentally result in it being set to a mouse button
- Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly mission had no objective text in the log.
- Fixed an issue where some players who should have been able to restart distant missions were unable to do so
- No Man’s Sky update 1.38 has fixed an issue which could cause excess stacked inventory items to be lost
Check your game update and download latest No Man’s Sky 1.38 update for PS4 and PC.