Samsung is now rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update P580KXU1BQD9 for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016). The update is available for Wifi variant of the device. The LTE variant of Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is also receiving Nougat update build P585N0KOU1BQD9. The new update also includes bug fixes and other performance enhancements for the Android device. Check out what’s new and changed in this latest update.
Android 7.0 Nougat Update P580KXU1BQD9 for unlocked Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) feature:
The new battery management page helps maximize your charge
- The new battery management feature helps maximize your battery’s potential.
- Easy access, customizable presets for Medium power saving mode or Maximum power saving mode.
- App Power Monitor detects inactive apps still using the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Android Nougat now supports split screen, side by side viewing of any 2 apps.
- Press the Recent App and select the split screen view for the desired apps.
Make your photos great the first time with the new Effects preview screen
- Preview all available effects and filters while taking a picture by swiping left after launching the camera app, then choose the one you like best.
- You can also explore other unique effects by tapping Download link on top.
Customize your Always On Display with your favorite images
- With P580KXU1BQD9 for unlocked Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016), choose your own favorite pictures for your Always On Display directly from the Gallery app.
- Just choose an image, tap the top right corner navigation menu, and select Set as Always On Display image.
Improve your device performance whenever you need to
- Nougat Update P580KXU1BQD9 for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) brings new Performance Mode which enhances your device experience no matter how you’re using it.
- Choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and/or improve device performance whenever you need to.
Updated keyboard and improved language predictions
- A new keyboard engine updates language data, providing better predictions.
- If you’d like to continue using the same languages configured prior to this software update, simply follow the on-screen instructions shown when using the keyboard for the first time.
Configure automatic access to Wi-Fi when connecting to a wireless router/hotspot
- You can enable or disable automatic reconnection to secure wireless routers or hotspots when connecting for the first time.
If you have Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) Wifi or LTE variant, the new Android 7.0 Nougat update is now rolling out over OTA. You can check OTA software update P580KXU1BQD9 and P585N0KOU1BQD9 for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) manually, just go to Settings » About Device » Download Updates Manually.