Samsung is now rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for the unlocked Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F) in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands. Check out more details below.
Nougat Update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge feature:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade.
- Provides new UX and various performance modes.
- Improved usability of the notification feature and Quick settings button.
- Improved usability of the Multi window.
- The update also improved setting menu and AOD feature, addition of the Samsung pass feature.
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation.
Known Issues with the update:
- If you are using Gear IconX, please make sure to update to the latest version before upgrading to the Nougat OS.
- Some apps that haven’t been optimized for Android Nougat might not work properly after the upgrade. In this case, upgrade the app to the latest version via Galaxy Apps or Play Store.
- The functionality of some features may differ after the upgrade. Some apps may not function normally.
You can check OTA update manually by head into Settings » About Device » Download Updates Manually. The update weighs size is around 1.3GB.