NVIDIA Jetson TX2 IoT system officially announced today. The new NVIDIA Jetson TX2 IoT system is a credit card-sized platform that delivers AI computing to work with commercial drones, smart cameras for AI cities and more.
Jetson TX2 drawing less than 7.5 watts of power and is twice the performance of its predecessor. The device brings higher accuracy and faster response times for tasks like image classification, navigation and speech recognition.
Deepu Talla, vice president and general manager of the Tegra business at NVIDIA said,
“Jetson TX2 brings powerful AI capabilities at the edge, making possible a new class of intelligent machines. These devices will enable intelligent video analytics that keeps our cities smarter and safer, new kinds of robots that optimize manufacturing, and new collaboration that makes long-distance work more efficient.”.
NVIDIA Jetson TX2 IoT System features:
- GPU: 256-core NVIDIA Pascal architecture-based GPU offering best-in-class performance
- CPU: Dual 64-bit NVIDIA Denver 2, Quad ARM A57
- Video: 4K x 2K 60fps encode and decode
- Camera: 12 CSI lanes supporting up to 6 cameras; 2.5 gigabytes/second/lane
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4; 58.3 gigabytes/second
- Storage: 32GB eMMC
- Connectivity: 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth
- Networking: 1GB Ethernet
- OS Support: Linux for Tegra
- Size: 50mm x 87mm
The NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Developer Kit with Jetson TX2 IoT module will cost you $599 and preordered starts today in the United States and Europe and will begin shipping March 14. The Jetson TX2 module will be available in Q2 for $399.