Opera launched its new Opera Neon concept browser for Windows. Opera Neon is built on top of the Blink web rendering engine and it was built from scratch to bring you cool effects and animations without slowing down your experience.
The Opera browser features a fresh take on Speed Dial, visual tabs, and the Omnibox, which float into kickstart your browsing session. Opera Neon wipes away your desktop clutter by bringing your computer’s wallpaper into the browser.
Opera Neon concept browser features:
- A new start page that uses your desktop wallpaper as its background.
- A sidebar with its own video player, image gallery and download manager.
- A vertical, visual tab bar on the right side of the browser window that makes it easier to distinguish between tabs.
- An intelligent system that automatically manages your tabs. Like gravity frequently used tabs will float to the top, while less important tabs will sink to the bottom.
- A completely new Omnibox that supports top search engines and open search.
- Video pop-out, which lets you play videos while you browse other web pages.
- Videos can be popped out into their own adjustable, movable window so you can keep watching your favorite YouTube or Vimeo channels as you browse. We’ve also added a player panel that organizes all the tabs playing music or video into a single panel for quick access.
- Snap-to-gallery lets you snapshot and crop any part of a webpage and save it to the gallery for later.
- Split screen mode lets you seamlessly view and interact with two pages at once.
- Browsing one web page at a time doesn’t cut it anymore. Split screen mode allows you to freely browse two web pages at once by simply dragging the visual tabs to the left or right panel. Without having to click back into the page, simply move your mouse pointer between pages for simultaneous browsing.
- The camera icon on the left sidebar lets you take a snapshot of the page, which then lands in your gallery under the landscape icon. You’ll find all your snaps there.
- Crop, snap and save images of your next online purchase, a stunning photograph or a hilarious meme from the web and Opera Neon will save it to the gallery tab. Your image will be labeled with its web address so you can return to the source page later.