Overwatch 2.21 update is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the Overwatch patch notes, the latest update comes with Halloween Terror event. The update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
In addition, the new Overwatch update 2.21 has addressed an issue that caused bots to get trapped in a movement loop after taking the tunnel under the capture point in the University section of Oasis. Check out full changelog below.
Overwatch 2.21 update patch notes for PS4 & Xbox One
New Seasonal Event: Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017
For a limited time, explore the haunted streets of Eichenwalde and Hollywood, expand your collection of spooky seasonal cosmetics, and team up to fight evil incarnate once more in not one, but two Junkenstein’s Revenge-themed brawls! We’re also re-opening our crypt so players can unlock their favorite Halloween-themed items from last year along with over 50 new tantalizing treats, including legendary skins like Corsair Ana, Van Helsing McCree, Dragon Symmetra, Cultist Zenytta, and more.
New Epic Skin: BlizzCon 2017 Winston
Through the power of science, Winston has traveled with his trusty jump pack from his base in Gibraltar all the way to Anaheim, California for BlizzCon 2017. Starting today with Overwatch update 2.21, this new skin is available in-game for all BlizzCon Virtual Ticket holders.
Overwatch Halloween Terror Victory Pose Updates
- Ultimate charge is now immediately expended when a hero’s ultimate ability is activated, instead of depleting over a short period of time
- Transformation Ultimates:These add significant passive benefits to your heroes, while allowing the use of weapons and abilities.
Ultimates in this category: Bastion’s Configuration: Tank, Genji’s Dragonblade, Mercy’s Valkyrie, Soldier: 76’s Tactical Visor, Torbjörn’s Molten Core, and Widowmaker’s Infra-Sight.
- Channeled Ultimates: These force your hero into a new mode and render your other abilities unusable while active. In most cases, these abilities can be interrupted at any point to cancel them.Ultimates in this category: Doomfist’s Meteor Strike, McCree’s Deadeye, Pharah’s Barrage, Reaper’s Death Blossom, Roadhog’s Whole Hog, and Zenyatta’s Transcendence (though, Zenyatta’s ultimate renders him immune to interruptions).
- Cast-Time Ultimates: These abilities require a small window of time to pass before they become effective. If they’re interrupted during this window, they are canceled.Ultimates in this category: Ana’s Nano Boost, D.Va’s Call Mech and Self-Destruct, Hanzo’s Dragonstrike, Junkrat’s Rip-Tire, Lúcio’s Sound Barrier, Mei’s Blizzard, Orisa’s Supercharger, Reinhardt’s Earthshatter, Sombra’s EMP, Symmetra’s Shield Generator and Teleporter, Tracer’s Pulse Bomb, and Zarya’s Graviton Surge.
- With Overwatch 2.21, an option to manually hold down D.Va’s boosters rather than toggling them has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
- No longer interrupted when Genji is stunned or hacked
Developer Comments: See the above developer comment on ultimate interruptions
- Can now be interrupted when Orisa is stunned or hacked
- Now interrupts the following ultimate abilities: Ana’s Nano Boost, Orisa’s Supercharger, Mei’s Blizzard, Reinhardt’s Earthshatter, and D.Va’s Call Mech
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- When capturing an objective, the progress bar is now broken into three segments that will fill in with the team’s color that is capturing it (as each segment fills, it will trigger an animation and audio cue).
- The number of defenders currently on the objective will now be displayed in addition to the number of attackers, just below the progress bar.
- Overwatch 2.21 has fixed a bug that allowed muted players to become unmuted after leaving and rejoining the same match.
- Overwatch update 2.21 has addressed an issue that caused bots to get trapped in a movement loop after taking the tunnel under the capture point in the University section of Oasis.
- Fixed an issue that caused matches to end in a draw when both teams won their first attacking rounds in overtime on Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries.
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Overwatch version 2.21 fixed an issue that prevented the Capture Speed Modifier setting from being applied in custom games.
- Overwatch update 2.21 has addressed an issue that prevented D.Va’s Projectile Speed slider from appearing in Custom Game settings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va’s Micro Missles from producing rumble feedback when using a controller with vibration enabled.
- Overwatch 2.21 has fixed a bug that caused Lúcio’s soccer ball to fly off in the wrong direction when activating his Juggle emote at 30 FPS.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mercy to maintain forward momentum after canceling Guardian Angel mid-flight.
- Overwatch update 2.21 has addressed an issue that could cause heroes to respawn as a different hero after being resurrected by Mercy.
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s chest to deflate when his Tuckered Out emote was activated while the Mako or Sharkbait skins were equipped.
- Overwatch version 2.21 fixed an issue Fixed a bug that prevented the sound effects on Symmetra’s turrets from being heard by teammates.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Torbjörn’s weapon-draw animation from being played when turret placement was canceled.
- Overwatch 2.21 has fixed a bug on Junkertown that allowed some heroes to get stuck behind a barrel near the final point.
- Fixed a bug on King’s Row that caused a dark box to appear if you stared into the robot city for too long.
- Overwatch update 2.21 has addressed an issue that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Volskaya Industries.
- Fixed a bug affecting Ilios, Lijang Tower, Nepal, and Oasis that prevented overtime progress from resetting when the point had been flipped after both teams’ progress bars reached 99%.
- Overwatch update 2.21 has addressed an issue that could cause Widowmaker’s scoped overlay to appear while spectating her from third person view.
Check our game update and download latest Overwatch 2.21 update for PS4 and Xbox One.