Apple has just launched iOS 10 update. Now a new report is coming that many users are facing update problems. The update is failing for some users with an error message asking users to plug their iOS device into a PC or Mac for a complete restore of the operating system.
— Paul Taylor (@NHSE_PaulT) September 13, 2016
Apple support has suggested that update your device using iTunes.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Summary, then click Check for Update.
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) September 13, 2016
Try this fix
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and open iTunes.
- You’ll need to force restart your phone and put it in recovery mode. To do that, press and hold the Sleep and Home buttons. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
- You should soon see a prompt in iTunes that asks you whether you want to update or restore. Select Update to continue with the upgrade process.
- Repeat steps 1–3 if setup takes longer than 15 minutes.
- When the installation is complete, go ahead and set up your phone.