Microsoft Visual Studio team is now rolling out Productivity Power Tools for Visual Studio 2017. The Productivity Power Tools is a collection of extensions that improve the developer experience with Visual Studio IDE.
New in Productivity Power Tools for Visual Studio 2017
Now each of the Productivity Power Tools features has its separate extensions. According to the team, it gives you more flexibility over how you acquire and manage the tools, as you can now hand-pick and install just the components that you want to use.
Also, it means that each of the extensions can be updated and delivered at its own pace. Also, Visual Studio team can now monitor the popularity of each extension. Features that prove most popular will be considered for inclusion in future versions of Visual Studio.
A list of features released as individual extensions for Visual Studio 2017:
- Align Assignments: Adds a command to Visual Studio to align assignments. By default, this is bound to Ctrl+Alt+]
- Copy as HTML: Adds support to copy the selected editor text to clipboard in HTML format
- Ctrl+Click Go To Definition: Make Ctrl+Click perform a “Go To Definition” on the identifier under the cursor
- Custom Document Well: Provides configurable behavior for the document well in Visual Studio
- Double-Click Maximize: Double-click window headers to maximize and dock them
- Editor Guidelines: Adds vertical column guides to the editor
- Fix Mixed Tabs: Detects when you have mixed tabs and spaces and offers to fix them for you automatically
- Match Margin: Draws markers in the scroll bar and highlights text in the editor for matches of the word under the caret
- Middle-Click Scroll: Enables scrolling in the editor pane using the middle-click mouse button
- Peek Help: Adds a command to Visual Studio to show F1 Help inline in the editor. By default, the command is bound to Alt+F1.\
- Power Commands for Visual Studio: A set of useful extensions for the Visual Studio IDE, including Remove and Sort Usings, Copy Path and Open Command Prompt
- Quick Launch Tasks: Adds accessibility and settings tasks to the Quick Launch tool
- Shrink Empty Lines: Shrinks lines that contain neither text nor numbers so that more lines can be displayed in the editor
- Solution Error Visualizer: Highlights errors and warnings in the Solution Explorer. Also, allows Solution Explorer to be filtered by error type
- Time Stamp Margin: Adds a timestamp margin to the debug output window.