Seagate has announced the 10TB BarraCuda, IronWolf, FireCuda, and SkyHawk, each for different applications. The BarraCuda will come with a 5-year warranty for budget-conscious PC users. Seagate IronWolf HDD is NAS-optimised for the best NAS experience possible. Next, is the SkyHawk HDD, which is designed for applications involving surveillance. Finally, FireCuda HDD offers a combination of the latest SSD technology with a standard hard drive for a capacity and speeds up to 5× faster than typical hard drives.
SkyHawk HDD for Surveillance:
- Built to record 90% of the time — supports up to 64 cameras.
Up to 10 TB or 10,000 hours of HD video.
- 180 TB/year workload rating, 3× the workload of a desktop drive and backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
- Protect your data against the unexpected with an optional +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan.
- RV sensors (standard on 4 TB to 10 TB SkyHawk drives) help to enable reliable performance in DVR and NVR systems with 8+ drives.
- RV sensors in a RAID environment maintain drive performance by improving vibration tolerance.
IronWolf HDD for Network Attached Storage Features:
- IronWolf is built with AgileArray. NAS-optimised for the best NAS experience possible, AgileArray focuses on drive balance, RAID optimization, and power management. Dual-plane balance and Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors available on 6 TB, 8 TB, and 10 TB capacities mitigate vibration in multi-bay NAS enclosures for consistent performance and reliability.
- RAID optimization increases performance and reliability with error recovery control for better data integrity.
- Advanced power management saves energy and delivers power when the NAS needs it most.
FireCuda HDD for Gamers:
- FireCuda SSHDs deliver faster load speeds for nonstop performance and play.
- Save time with a drive that boots in seconds, not minutes.
- Get in the game up to 5× faster than traditional hard drives.
- Enjoy up to 2 TB of space on 2.5- and 3.5-inch HDDs.
- Eliminate the need to uninstall games in order to make room for new ones.
- Store up to 40 games per TB (at 25 GB per game) with the 2 TB FireCuda SSHD!.
BarraCuda HDD for budget-conscious users:
- Experience for more than 20 years, Seagate has manufactured and delivered the super-reliable BarraCuda family of drives.
- BarraCuda Seagate’s drive-reliability data simply speaks for itself, and the BarraCuda family is often recognized by leading publications and customers.
- Worry less with a hard drive that has your back BarraCuda Pro comes equipped with a 5-year limited warranty.