Verizon is now rolling out a new software update G930VVRU4BQF2 for Galaxy S7 and update G935VVRU4BQF2 for Galaxy S7 Edge. The update includes Android June security patch which addresses a total of 96 Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) in the open-source Android OS and 23 additional patches designed specifically for Galaxy-branded smartphones.
In addition, the firmware update also brings fixes for Link Sharing notification, Video message (MMS) playback, connectivity with Gear 360, Device boot up issues and a whole lot more. Check out more details below.
Software Update G930VVRU4BQF2 for Galaxy S7 and update G935VVRU4BQF2 for Galaxy S7 Edge.
Link Sharing notification issue fix
- A patch has been applied to the Link Sharing app to fix an incorrect status message that may have appeared in the notification panel when sending/receiving files while using this feature.
Video message (MMS) playback issue fix
- An outgoing video file may have only transmitted the audio portion to the recipient due to an error during the resizing/compression process. This software update ensures proper playback of both audio and visual portions of a video message from the recipient’s point of view.
Google preload apps in Easy Mode
- All preloaded Google apps are now accessible and available for use in Easy Mode. Google preloads are Chrome, Drive, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, Play Movies & TV, Play Music, Play Store, YouTube, and Android Pay.
Device boot up issue fix
- This software update ensures proper reboot once a software update has been completed.
Gear 360 connectivity issue fix.
- Bluetooth firmware has been updated to prevent random disconnections between the phone and Samsung Gear 360 when the phone is connected to both Bluetooth and WiFi.
Visual Voicemail playback issue fix
- This software update fixes an issue within the Visual Voicemail app in which message playback abruptly pauses when the device is moved close to the ear. The app has now been updated to ensure normal playback.
HD Voice (WiFi Calling) performance improvement.
- This software update brings performance improvements to WiFi Calling (enabled through HD Voice).
Google Maps error fix for Knox users (for business/enterprise customers).
- Knox-enabled device users may have previously seen force close issues when running Google Maps within the Knox container. This was due to a security permission handling error, which is fixed in this software update.
Random reset issue fix for VPN users (for business/enterprise customers)
- For B2B users using certain MDM clients, a patch has been applied to prevent any random device resets that may occur while using a proxy server via VPN.
Software Update G930VVRU4BQF2 for Galaxy S7 and update G935VVRU4BQF2 for Galaxy S7 Edge is rolling out as OTA update. The updates will gradually release to everyone.
You can also check manually for updates, go to Settings > About device > System update. Make sure you have enough charge on your device at least 60% to 70% before downloading the update.