Today, a new Turn Off the Lights extension for Microsoft Edge appears at Windows Store. WalkingCat (@h0x0d) tweeted about the new Edge extension. As the name suggest the extension allows users to dim everything on their screen except for HTML5 videos they’re watching.
The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the videos as if you were in the cinema. With a single click on the lamp button, the page will fade to dark. And automatically focus on the video. By clicking on it again, the page will return to normal. Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience. It works for all known video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Hulu, Metacafe, YouKu, etc. Not only this but these extensions are compatible with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon and Yandex web browsers.
Turn Off the Lights extension features:
- Turn the lights back on, by clicking on the black layer.
- Supports multiple video sites: YouTube, HTML5 video and more.
- Customize your YouTube: Auto HD: Set videos to play in HD automatically. Users can select from highres 8K > 5K> 4K > 1080p > 720p > 480p > 360p > 240p > 144p > default.
- Auto Wide: Automatically plays the videos on the widest mode.
- Option for Camera Motion + Option for Speech Recognition.
- Option for Mouse Wheel Volume Control for each HTML5 video player.
- Option to add a filter to the current HTML5 video player (grayscale, sepia, invert, contrast, saturate, hue rotation and brightness).
- Option to show the Audio Visualization effect on top of the current HTML5 video (Blocks, Frequency and Music Tunnel).
- Option to loop the current HTML5 video player.
- Option to place the Night Mode switch to toggle YouTube in black or white theme, with whitelist/blacklist filter.
- Time stamp: Activate the Night Mode within the chosen time.
- Blackout: Dims the web page and activates the Night Mode + Option to stop YouTube and HTML5 videos from automatically playing.
[appbox windowsstore appid 9nblggh52lrr]