Visual Studio 2017 15.5 Preview 3 is now available for developers. The latest preview update brings bug fixes and improvements. The new version has added Visual C++ Improvements to the Standard Template library. Also, you now have Angular 2 Support for inline, and .ngml template files.
In addition, open folder now supports remote tasks for using any remote build system or running arbitrary commands.
Visual Studio 2017 15.5 Preview 3 Changelog
- We added Visual C++ Improvements to the Standard Template library.
- Embedded Source support while debugging and Edit and Continue support for Embedded PDBs.
Issues Fixed in this Release
- Visual Studio Professional 15.3 install generates setup error on install.
- If a .NET SDK project has an assemblyname and project file name which don’t match, the restore fails in 15.4.
- Visual Studio 2017 15.3 installation fails with “Failed to install WindowsUpdates.KB2533623” error message.
- Visual Studio crashes after loading a solution.
- Visual Studio 2017 install fails due to missing Windows6.1-KB2533623-x64.cab.
- Call Hierarchy stucks on Searching after you expand Calls To three levels deep.
- Fresh install of Visual Studio 2017 Community on a fresh install of Windows 10 64-bit results in a broken Python Tools.
- Visual Studio freezes when loading a solution.
- When you update a NuGet package across a solution containing many projects, it will hang or crash Visual Studio, resulting in a partial upgrade to project files.
You can read full changelog here.
Previously, Microsoft released the final version of Visual Studio 2017 15.4 for developers. You can download latest Visual Studio 2017 15.5 Preview 3 from the official link below.