Visual Studio 2017 15.5 preview 4 is now available for developers. The latest preview update brings bug fixes and improvements. The new version has added Visual C++ Improvements to the Standard Template library. Also, you now have Angular 2 Support for inline, and .ngml template files.
In addition, this update has fixed an issue where Xamarin fails to install the broker on Mac after Visual Studio 15.4 installation.
Visual Studio 2017 15.5 Preview 4 Changelog
Summary of Updates in this Release
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core security advisories.
- The MSVC compiler toolset has been updated to version 14.12.
- C# compiler now supports the 7.2 set of language features.
- Added .NET Core SDK project support to F# tooling.
- Added improvements to the Visual Studio Web Tools.
- Docker containers now support multi-stage Dockerfiles.
Top Issues Fixed in this Release
- Xamarin fails to install the broker on Mac after Visual Studio 15.4 installation.
- Upgrade stuck on install. When modified then restarted, received ReturnCode error.
- Visual Studio 2017 hangs while debugging an application.
- Installation terminates with ReturnCode error message.
- Installation hangs with ReturnCode error message.
- Window hangs when creating Razor views.
- Visual Studio locks when adding ASP.NET MVC full dependencies and forces a close/re-open.
- Report Tool: Typing in the Report tool is too slow and ‘lags’ in Visual Studio 15.4.
- Unable to change the Python environment or access the interactive Python console.
- The ‘Hello World’ sample scenario 148 won’t build.
You can read more details here.
Previously, Microsoft released the final version of Visual Studio 2017 15.4 for developers. You can download latest Visual Studio 2017 15.5 Preview 4 from the official link below.